Gamepads

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 23, 2004 4:10:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Hi, I just got Halo and Call of Duty PC version and wonder if there's a
gamepad that works well with both. A friend told me about the xbox
controller with the USB adapter that works well with Halo on the pc but
didn't think it work with Call of Duty. If anyone out there has found one
(gamepad) that works well with both I would sure like to hear from you.
Thanks,
Jim

More about : gamepads

Anonymous
May 23, 2004 9:51:32 PM

"Jim" <jknotts60@ (No Spammm) hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I just got Halo and Call of Duty PC version and wonder if there's a
> gamepad that works well with both. A friend told me about the xbox
> controller with the USB adapter that works well with Halo on the pc but
> didn't think it work with Call of Duty. If anyone out there has found
one
> (gamepad) that works well with both I would sure like to hear from you.
> Thanks,
> Jim

Why would you want to use a gamepad with a PC FPS? No gamepad can work
better than a mouse/keyboard. I'd understand if you were talking about
driving or flight sims, but a shooter?

Gary
May 23, 2004 10:39:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I think it would be great if you could sit back in your chair with the
gamepad in your lap and arms resting on the arms of your nice soft chair in
front of your 19" monitor. Thanks for your help Gary.
Jim
"Gary Pigott" <usenet@garypigott.net> wrote in message
> "Jim" <jknotts60@ (No Spammm) hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I just got Halo and Call of Duty PC version and wonder if there's a
> > gamepad that works well with both. A friend told me about the xbox
> > controller with the USB adapter that works well with Halo on the pc but
> > didn't think it work with Call of Duty. If anyone out there has found
> one
> > (gamepad) that works well with both I would sure like to hear from you.
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
>
> Why would you want to use a gamepad with a PC FPS? No gamepad can work
> better than a mouse/keyboard. I'd understand if you were talking about
> driving or flight sims, but a shooter?
>
> Gary

Related resources
May 23, 2004 10:39:48 PM

> I think it would be great if you could sit back in your chair with the
> gamepad in your lap and arms resting on the arms of your nice soft chair
in
> front of your 19" monitor. Thanks for your help Gary.

A pair of $5 extension cables for your mouse and keyboard and a small chunk
of plywood would allow you to to do the same thing with the moue and
keybaord.

There are myriad other more elegant but more expensive solutions.

But lose the mouse and lose the game. Bank on it.

-Russ.
May 23, 2004 10:39:49 PM

"Somebody" <somebody@nospam.russdoucet.com> wrote in message

> "Jim" <jknotts60@ (No Spammm) hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I think it would be great if you could sit back in your chair with the
> > gamepad in your lap and arms resting on the arms of your nice soft chair
> in
> > front of your 19" monitor. Thanks for your help Gary.
>
> A pair of $5 extension cables for your mouse and keyboard and a small
chunk
> of plywood would allow you to to do the same thing with the moue and
> keybaord.
>
> There are myriad other more elegant but more expensive solutions.
>
> But lose the mouse and lose the game. Bank on it.
>
> -Russ.

Now that was some atrocious spelling. My apologies. LOL

-Russ.
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 12:36:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

"Jim" <jknotts60@ (No Spammm) hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Gary Pigott" <usenet@garypigott.net> wrote in message
> > "Jim" <jknotts60@ (No Spammm) hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi, I just got Halo and Call of Duty PC version and wonder if there's
> > > gamepad that works well with both. A friend told me about the xbox
> > > controller with the USB adapter that works well with Halo on the pc
but
> > > didn't think it work with Call of Duty. If anyone out there has found
> > one
> > > (gamepad) that works well with both I would sure like to hear from
you.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jim
> >
> > Why would you want to use a gamepad with a PC FPS? No gamepad can work
> > better than a mouse/keyboard. I'd understand if you were talking about
> > driving or flight sims, but a shooter?
> >
> > Gary
>
> I think it would be great if you could sit back in your chair with the
> gamepad in your lap and arms resting on the arms of your nice soft chair
in
> front of your 19" monitor. Thanks for your help Gary.
> Jim

true... but you'd be getting your arse kicked while playing multiplayer
against people using mice.

Gary
May 24, 2004 12:36:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

lol, your probably right about that Gary. I haven't worked up the guts to
try it online yet. Everyone tells me it's a blast though. Maybe after I
get a better feel for the game I'll give it a go. First game I've ever
played~~~~~ha!
Thanks,
Gary
> "Jim" <jknotts60@ (No Spammm) hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Gary Pigott" <usenet@garypigott.net> wrote in message
> > > "Jim" <jknotts60@ (No Spammm) hotmail.com> wrote in message
> but
> > > one
> you.
> > >
> > > Why would you want to use a gamepad with a PC FPS? No gamepad can work
> > > better than a mouse/keyboard. I'd understand if you were talking about
> > > driving or flight sims, but a shooter?
> > >
> > > Gary
> >
> > I think it would be great if you could sit back in your chair with the
> > gamepad in your lap and arms resting on the arms of your nice soft chair
> in
> > front of your 19" monitor. Thanks for your help Gary.
> > Jim
>
> true... but you'd be getting your arse kicked while playing multiplayer
> against people using mice.
>
> Gary

May 24, 2004 1:35:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

No sweat Russ, I just happen to have a piece of 1/2 " maple plywood out in
the woodshop that will work fine. Round off the corners with the router,
put a couple of stops on either side for the chair arm and I'm off and
running. ha! Question from a dummy.....What are maps, mods, cheats, etc.
All that lingo scares the he.....ll out of me when it comes to trying CoD
online. When I go online and choose a game.....then what? Sorry Russ but I
had to ask someone. lol
Jim
news:p d8sc.45054$kc2.678558@nnrp1.uunet.ca...

!