How may SATA per channel?

July 20, 2004 10:01:52 AM

Can anyone tell me how many SATA hard drives I can connet
to each channel. Some people told me only one SATA drive
can be connected to each channel on the motherboard, but
others say up to eight drives. What's the real number?
Thanks

More about : sata channel

Anonymous
July 20, 2004 12:07:44 PM

Read the User's Guide for your specific model motherboard.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Safa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| Can anyone tell me how many SATA hard drives I can connet
| to each channel. Some people told me only one SATA drive
| can be connected to each channel on the motherboard, but
| others say up to eight drives. What's the real number?
| Thanks
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 12:13:46 PM

Thanks for the reply and suggested websites.
Safa

July 20, 2004 12:16:08 PM

HI Carey
Does this mean then, the number of SATA drives per
channel is dependent on the type of motherboard?
Safa

-------------------------

>"Safa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message:

>| Can anyone tell me how many SATA hard drives I can
connet
>| to each channel. Some people told me only one SATA
drive
>| can be connected to each channel on the motherboard,
but
>| others say up to eight drives. What's the real number?
>| Thanks
>.

July 20, 2004 6:00:26 PM

The "some people" are correct the "others" are wrong. You can read all
about it at this link to an Adaptec article:
http://tinyurl.com/6z6p9

!