Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0

Neal

Hi

I have bought a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 and
was wondering if it works with rechargable batteries? I'm
thinking of getting some so that I don't have to keep
buying them.

Thanks for any replies
Neal

Hello

can't hurt to just try it and see what happens.

al

"Neal" <msonline@nealmail.cjb.net> wrote in message

> I have bought a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 and
> was wondering if it works with rechargable batteries? I'm

It will. But the high initial cost of the batteries, the
cost of replacing them (they're not immortal), and the
(admittedly marginal) cost of the electricity needed to
recharge them make this a questionable investment. A more
economical course of action would be to remove one of the
batteries from the mouse when it's not being used. From the
standpoint of equipment design, providing a mechanism for
powering down the mouse (a mechanical switch?) when the user
chooses to do so would be a better solution but Microsoft's
engineers chose not to take that route. Perhaps they or MS
own stock in Duracell or somesuch.

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

Mike

Splendid

Read the manual that came with the mouse..

"Neal" <msonline@nealmail.cjb.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have bought a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 and
> was wondering if it works with rechargable batteries? I'm
> thinking of getting some so that I don't have to keep
> buying them.
>
> Thanks for any replies
> Neal

I agree with Mike. Here is the reason. Most rechargeable batteries AA
batteries provide 1.2 volts, but an Alkaline AA battery provides 1.5
volts. What can happen is if the hardware isn't designed will or can't
handle the undervoltage, you can actually cause damage to your hardware
by short circuiting it. I have done this to one of my wireless
keyboards already. Lesson learned :(

----
Nathan McNulty

Mike wrote:
> Read the manual that came with the mouse..
>

> "Neal" <msonline@nealmail.cjb.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I have bought a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 and
>>was wondering if it works with rechargable batteries? I'm
>>thinking of getting some so that I don't have to keep
>>buying them.
>>
>>Thanks for any replies
>>Neal

Mike

Splendid

I don't currently use a wireless mouse, but I do remember seeing something
to the effect that rechargeable batteries could NOT be used..