Epson MFC Problem

I have an Epson Stylus CX6400. Despite all the kings horses etc, I
cannot communicate with it under Windows 98 SE on my desktop, yet I can
under Linux and can on my laptop.

I conclude that the motherboard (or more likely its drivers) that must
be at fault. This is a GA-IN8XP. Has anyone else experienced this or
similar problems?

Alan

Alan Secker <alansecker@globalnet.co.uk> wrote in

> I have an Epson Stylus CX6400. Despite all the kings horses etc, I
> cannot communicate with it under Windows 98 SE on my desktop, yet I can
> under Linux and can on my laptop.
>
> I conclude that the motherboard (or more likely its drivers) that must
> be at fault. This is a GA-IN8XP. Has anyone else experienced this or
> similar problems?
>
> Alan

Not much help, I know, but I have one and its working with an old
(original) Win98 laptop with slow USB.

--
Colin J Denman
N 51º 54' 38" W 00º 29' 45" Elev: 125m