Corsair TWINX1024-3200LL for A7N8X-E

I'm going to spring for memory that will allow me to take advantage of
the dual channel feature of my board. So far my previous two brands of
memory would not work.

Any problems or recommendations with Corsairs TWINX1024-3200LL?

ZipZoomFly has them for $279 (pair of 512M).

Thank you for your time and help;
Frank

I had a couple of Twinx512-3200LL in a Gigabyte board. I had two sets of
then to fail in about six months. I talked to Corsair and asked if they
would replace then with TwinX512-3200C2 and they agreed to. I installed them
and the system has never been faster and absolutely no lockups as before. I
would not recommend LL for any reason.

"Philadelphia Frank" <philafrank@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm going to spring for memory that will allow me to take advantage of
> the dual channel feature of my board. So far my previous two brands of
> memory would not work.
>
> Any problems or recommendations with Corsairs TWINX1024-3200LL?
>
> ZipZoomFly has them for $279 (pair of 512M).
>
> Thank you for your time and help;
> Frank

Thank you for your quick and helpful reply. The 3200c2 is quite a bit
cheaper ( $200 - about what I paid for the junk I got at a computer
show). I have found that usually, you get what you pay for. It is hard
to believe that the more expensive ram is not better, although I don't
doubt your experience.

I'm hoping someone with A7N8X -E experience will come to my rescue.
Will the C2 work as well as the 3200LL?

Frank

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:58:05 -0600, "Hans Wankle"
<hanswankle@design.org> wrote:

>I had a couple of Twinx512-3200LL in a Gigabyte board. I had two sets of
>then to fail in about six months. I talked to Corsair and asked if they
>would replace then with TwinX512-3200C2 and they agreed to. I installed them
>and the system has never been faster and absolutely no lockups as before. I
>would not recommend LL for any reason.
>

>"Philadelphia Frank" <philafrank@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I'm going to spring for memory that will allow me to take advantage of
>> the dual channel feature of my board. So far my previous two brands of
>> memory would not work.
>>
>> Any problems or recommendations with Corsairs TWINX1024-3200LL?
>>
>> ZipZoomFly has them for $279 (pair of 512M).
>>
>> Thank you for your time and help;
>> Frank

I just received my A7N8X-E Deluxe. I should get the processor tomorrow. When
I get it I will assemble it and use the Corsair TwinX512-3200C2 and see what
it will do. I now have it in my Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394 with 2 sticks of 512
PC2700 for a total of 1.5 gig. I cannot tell any difference when I removed
the Corsair memory. I could not tell any difference at all when I used the
3200LL.

Philadelphia Frank wrote:
> I'm going to spring for memory that will allow me to take advantage of
> the dual channel feature of my board. So far my previous two brands of
> memory would not work.

You only need 2 sticks to do it, not necessarily 2 sticks the same.

> Any problems or recommendations with Corsairs TWINX1024-3200LL?

Got a pair in the A7N8X-Deluxe and they've been great. Good for 220MHz at
7-2-2-2

Ben