Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Have XP installed on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I
login, the system hangs and slowly processes the login
procedure.

Initially I thought it was a mouse problem because the
mouse wouldn't work on either USB port or PS2 port. Then
it started to work on one USB port. After playing around
the BIOS, all ports now work. But after doing a restart,
neither the keyboard nor the mouse works. Have to power
off/on the laptop to get it working.

Thanks

Recommend you go to Toshiba Help line or give their support number a
call. Make sure you have the model number of your laptop handy when
calling.

Bquinn

"Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have XP installed on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I
> login, the system hangs and slowly processes the login
> procedure.
>
> Initially I thought it was a mouse problem because the
> mouse wouldn't work on either USB port or PS2 port. Then
> it started to work on one USB port. After playing around
> the BIOS, all ports now work. But after doing a restart,
> neither the keyboard nor the mouse works. Have to power
> off/on the laptop to get it working.

> Thanks

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks

That and check and make sure that you have all of the drivers and stuff
up to date for your computer. Check Toshiba's website and look under the
support section. Find your laptop and see if there are any available
updates, patches, fixes, BIOS updates, etc.

----
Nathan McNulty

Bob wrote:
> Thanks

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Downloaded all the updates from Toshiba's website. Also
called Toshiba tech support. 2 problems. The laptop is
an older model and since it came with Win2K pre-installed,
they won't support any XP related issues. I have to
contact Microsoft. Will copying an image from a different
laptop work?