No "Standby" available when "START>TURN OFF COMPUTER" sele..

I have XP Pro and there is no "STANDBY" shown when "START>TURN OFF
COMPUTER" is selected . I have the Asus K8VSE Deluxe m/b.

I cannot find a setting in the BIOS relevant to this - is this
swicheable on this board , does anyone know ?

B.N.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

press the sleep key on your keyboard.....................
when my mb drivers are installed for first time there is no
standby................

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:29:51 -0000, "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote:

>press the sleep key on your keyboard.....................
>when my mb drivers are installed for first time there is no
>standby........

Wich one is the sleep key , please ?

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

When in stanby how do you bring it out of standby? I have to reboot
twice, unless there s a key combination??

Thanks
Locust

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:10:45 -0000, "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote:

>press any key or move mouse
>Sleep key on keyboard will be marked as sleep

In that case , I don't have a sleep key

B.N.

Ed

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:06:50 +0000, admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:10:45 -0000, "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote:
>
>>press any key or move mouse
>>Sleep key on keyboard will be marked as sleep
>
>In that case , I don't have a sleep key
>
>B.N.

Taking a wild guess here.... :) Do you have the StandBy option in
Windows Power Management or is that missing/disabled also? I was just
thinking maybe Power State in the BIOS was Disabled when the OS was
installed or something? Power State S0 is the working state. States S1,
S2, S3, and S4 are sleeping states, State S5 is a shutdown or off state.

Ed

Hi Ed how do I get the system out of the standby state, Hotkey
combination??

Thanks
Locust

>Taking a wild guess here.... :) Do you have the StandBy option in
>Windows Power Management or is that missing/disabled also? I was just
>thinking maybe Power State in the BIOS was Disabled when the OS was
>installed or something? Power State S0 is the working state. States S1,
>S2, S3, and S4 are sleeping states, State S5 is a shutdown or off state.
>
>Ed

Ed

Moving the mouse or pressing the spacebar key should wake it up.

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:38:46 -0400, end user <locust@gregarious.com>
wrote:

>Hi Ed how do I get the system out of the standby state, Hotkey
>combination??
>
>Thanks
>Locust
>>
>>Taking a wild guess here.... :) Do you have the StandBy option in
>>Windows Power Management or is that missing/disabled also? I was just
>>thinking maybe Power State in the BIOS was Disabled when the OS was
>>installed or something? Power State S0 is the working state. States S1,
>>S2, S3, and S4 are sleeping states, State S5 is a shutdown or off state.
>>
>>Ed

Thats what I thought at first but nothing seemed to work, so I simply
turned it off in XP.

Thanks anyway

Locust