Promise Raid Driver

I just ordered the parts to throw together a new PC, including the Asus
A8V Deluxe Motherboard. I downloaded the manual and paged through it
to be prepared for when it comes later this week, here is my question.
I see that when I create a RAID array and begin to install windows I'll
need to load the promise 378 drivers during windows install, no problem
there, but I wasn't planning on putting a floppy in it. Will the
makedisk program that throws the drivers on a disk let me drop them in
another directory and burn to CD, and if so does anyone know if windows
will load the drivers from a CD? If I have to I'll go grab a cheap
floppy drive to throw in it also, but I'd rather not if I can get away
without it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Coho

Chris Coho, Jr. wrote:
> I just ordered the parts to throw together a new PC, including the Asus
> A8V Deluxe Motherboard. I downloaded the manual and paged through it
> to be prepared for when it comes later this week, here is my question.
> I see that when I create a RAID array and begin to install windows I'll
> need to load the promise 378 drivers during windows install, no problem
> there, but I wasn't planning on putting a floppy in it. Will the
> makedisk program that throws the drivers on a disk let me drop them in
> another directory and burn to CD, and if so does anyone know if windows
> will load the drivers from a CD? If I have to I'll go grab a cheap
> floppy drive to throw in it also, but I'd rather not if I can get away
> without it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris Coho

Unfortunately I don't think Windows will agree to load the driver from
anything except an actual floppy disk. Apparently there is some way to
make a custom Windows install CD that includes the driver on it, but I
have never tried doing this..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

"Robert Hancock" <hancockr@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Chris Coho, Jr. wrote:
> > I just ordered the parts to throw together a new PC, including the Asus
> > A8V Deluxe Motherboard. I downloaded the manual and paged through it
> > to be prepared for when it comes later this week, here is my question.
> > I see that when I create a RAID array and begin to install windows I'll
> > need to load the promise 378 drivers during windows install, no problem
> > there, but I wasn't planning on putting a floppy in it. Will the
> > makedisk program that throws the drivers on a disk let me drop them in
> > another directory and burn to CD, and if so does anyone know if windows
> > will load the drivers from a CD? If I have to I'll go grab a cheap
> > floppy drive to throw in it also, but I'd rather not if I can get away
> > without it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Chris Coho
>
> Unfortunately I don't think Windows will agree to load the driver from
> anything except an actual floppy disk. Apparently there is some way to
> make a custom Windows install CD that includes the driver on it, but I
> have never tried doing this..
>
> --
> Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
> To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@nospamshaw.ca
> Home Page: http://www.roberthancock.com/

cheap floppy drive?
I thought they came free in cereal packets

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Last one I bought was $7 :)

-Larry

"grylion" <grylion@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> cheap floppy drive?
> I thought they came free in cereal packets

TRENDING THREADS