Visioneer Scanner installation

Ron

When attempting to install the driver for the 9320
scanner I get the following message.
"You do not have sufficient security privileges to
install hardware on this computer. Please contact your
site Administrator, or logout and log in again as an
administrator and try again. "
Message is the same when logged in as member of
Administrator group or as Administrator.

"Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When attempting to install the driver for the 9320
> scanner I get the following message.
> "You do not have sufficient security privileges to
> install hardware on this computer. Please contact your
> site Administrator, or logout and log in again as an
> administrator and try again. "
> Message is the same when logged in as member of
> Administrator group or as Administrator.

I bought a Visioneer scanner a few months ago, and it
was nothing but trouble. I returned it and purchased
another brand, which I've been very happy with.

-- Bob Day

Try this: http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst
For my card problem,I changed four entries that had 'read only' for
USB to 'full permissions' and rebooted. Worth a try but be careful
editing the registry.

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:31:05 -0400, "Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com>
wrote:

>"Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When attempting to install the driver for the 9320
>> scanner I get the following message.
>> "You do not have sufficient security privileges to
>> install hardware on this computer. Please contact your
>> site Administrator, or logout and log in again as an
>> administrator and try again. "
>> Message is the same when logged in as member of
>> Administrator group or as Administrator.
>
>I bought a Visioneer scanner a few months ago, and it
>was nothing but trouble. I returned it and purchased
>another brand, which I've been very happy with.
>
>-- Bob Day

Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a nice day!
Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.