CD writer speed

matt

CD-Writer = justlink 24x10x40x
Maker = artec
Model Number = WRO=OA40
Driver provider = microsoft
Driver Date = 7/1/2001
Driver Version = 5.1.2535.0
Driver Signer = Microsoft Windows Publisher
OS = XP Home
Computer = Systemax
Computer Processor = 1.7

Problem

When trying to write cd's with Roxio, nero , or clone
CD , i get error's when trying to run at max speed. If i
drop the write speed on clone CD to 4x it works sometimes
but not always. When i right click on a program i want to
write and send it to my CD-Writer it always fails. The
CDWriter came with the computer so i dont have any disks
that have drivers on it. ASSUMING the windows XP just
gave it a Default driver and causing the problem i have
looked at the systemax website , the artec website , and
the microsoft site, and many site advertised through
searchs. Running out of options. Anyone help?

Mike

Splendid

A cd writer is a CDROM unless software is present that allows the write
function.. if your cdrw works at a low speed, then the driver is ok, but
your cdrw unit is old and probably past it.. I dumped an old unit like yours
for a new one.. what a difference!!!.. it actually works as a cdrw should..

http://www.artecusa.com/products-cdrw-52x.html