donny

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2002

when you get the blue screen error doesnt windows xp log it somewhere if so
where do i go to get the error.
my error i keep getting starts with the letters and numbers
0x000000d1 and i keep getting it while playing a game any ideas?

Ed

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:01:01 -0500, "donny" <donleo7@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>when you get the blue screen error doesnt windows xp log it somewhere if so
>where do i go to get the error.
>my error i keep getting starts with the letters and numbers
>0x000000d1 and i keep getting it while playing a game any ideas?

MS says, Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the
error.

Stop Message Checklist (Win XP)
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_hyzf.asp

Exact phrase: 0x000000d1; category: All Results; site: All of Microsoft.com;
http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=msdn&st=a&na=81&qu=&qp=0x000000d1&qa=&qn=&c=10&s=0

Ed

Ed

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:56:58 -0500, "donny" <donleo7@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>well i tryed many things to correct this problem and now im at the point
>where i believe it was my usb 4 port 1.1
>adapter causing all my problems..i removed the adapter that had logitech cam
>and printer connected to it and it hasnt restarted at all. could a usb 1.1
>adapter conflict with the usb 2.0 on the board?

Well I built my brother a MSI/AMD64 and it ran flawless until he added
some no-name USB/Flash card reader break out box to it, no problems in
Windows but the box makes the PC lock up on boot-up sometimes.

Try the devices without the adapter if possible, maybe it's not the
adapter but a Printer or CAM driver.

Try flashing the bios? I recently fixed a conflict with a NEC DVDRW and
a Aopen CDRW, the list of BIOS fixes doesn't even say anything about
fixing this, but it works now.

Good luck,
Ed