K8V SE Deluxe Microphone Installation

I have the K8V SE Deluxe and have recently bought a microphone which I
want to use with a phone software App called "Skype"

I am unfamiliar with microphones , ( this is my first use of them ) ,
and , also as this is the first m/b I have used with " on-board "
sound and no sound card , I cannot get any sound out of this mic when
plugged in to the " holes " in the board .

The "mic" comes with a pink single pin plug - can anyone tell me how
this should be connected to the board in order to get the mic to work
, please ?

Are there any other "tweaks " necessary in this ?

B.N.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

Ed

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:38:04 +0000, admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:

>I have the K8V SE Deluxe and have recently bought a microphone which I
>want to use with a phone software App called "Skype"
>
>I am unfamiliar with microphones , ( this is my first use of them ) ,
>and , also as this is the first m/b I have used with " on-board "
>sound and no sound card , I cannot get any sound out of this mic when
>plugged in to the " holes " in the board .
>
>The "mic" comes with a pink single pin plug - can anyone tell me how
>this should be connected to the board in order to get the mic to work
>, please ?
>
>Are there any other "tweaks " necessary in this ?
>
>B.N.
I don't have that board, but once the sound card drivers/software is
installed it's usually just a simple setting or two.

In the speaker configuration control panel for your sound card make sure
that MIC is not set to an output...like a SubWoofer or something.

In the "Recording" section of Windows volume control (or sound card
software) make sure MIC is selected as the active source.

Ed

Ed

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:38:04 +0000, admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:

>I have the K8V SE Deluxe and have recently bought a microphone which I
>want to use with a phone software App called "Skype"
>
>I am unfamiliar with microphones , ( this is my first use of them ) ,
>and , also as this is the first m/b I have used with " on-board "
>sound and no sound card , I cannot get any sound out of this mic when
>plugged in to the " holes " in the board .
>
>The "mic" comes with a pink single pin plug - can anyone tell me how
>this should be connected to the board in order to get the mic to work
>, please ?
>
>Are there any other "tweaks " necessary in this ?
>
>B.N.

I don't have that board, but once the sound card drivers/software is
installed it's usually just a simple setting or two.

In the speaker configuration control panel for your sound card make sure
that MIC is not set to an output...like a SubWoofer or something.

In the "Recording" section of Windows volume control (or sound card
software) make sure MIC is selected as the active source.

Ed

admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:

> I have the K8V SE Deluxe and have recently bought a microphone which I
> want to use with a phone software App called "Skype"
>
> I am unfamiliar with microphones , ( this is my first use of them ) ,
> and , also as this is the first m/b I have used with " on-board "
> sound and no sound card , I cannot get any sound out of this mic when
> plugged in to the " holes " in the board .
>
> The "mic" comes with a pink single pin plug - can anyone tell me how
> this should be connected to the board in order to get the mic to work
> , please ?
>
> Are there any other "tweaks " necessary in this ?
>
> B.N.
> --
>
> to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

quickly double click the speaker icon in the system tray, if you see the
microphone column, unmute it, and select an appropriatte volume level.
If you dont see the microphone column, select options properties
RECORDING, and select microphone. OK and then un mute the mic as earlier.

Gordon

>quickly double click the speaker icon in the system tray, if you see the
>microphone column, unmute it, and select an appropriatte volume level.
>If you dont see the microphone column, select options properties
>RECORDING, and select microphone. OK and then un mute the mic as earlier.

There is no speaker icon in my system tray - ( Thats the tray which
contains the clock - bottom r.h. corner of the desktop - right ?)

--

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:59:32 +0000, admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:

>>quickly double click the speaker icon in the system tray, if you see the
>>microphone column, unmute it, and select an appropriatte volume level.
>>If you dont see the microphone column, select options properties
>>RECORDING, and select microphone. OK and then un mute the mic as earlier.
>
>There is no speaker icon in my system tray - ( Thats the tray which
>contains the clock - bottom r.h. corner of the desktop - right ?)

Control Panel / Sounds / Show Tray Icon

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

You DONT get sound out of a microphone, sound comes out of speakers.

PINK plug goes in MIC socket

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 09:10:56 -0000, "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote:

>You DONT get sound out of a microphone, sound comes out of speakers.
>
>PINK plug goes in MIC socket

I stand corrected - very sloppy terminology ! - thanks for the tip -
that's got the sound coming out of the speakers now - much obliged .

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"