ms multimedia keyboard and games

CB

hi, i have the microsoft multimedia keyboard (black one,
if it makes a difference), and when i install the
intellitype software to enable the hotkeys, my game
controls get all messed up no matter what game i play.
it causes extreme delays in movement, etc and keeps
moving after i let go. it is not a lag problem, i have a
decent system that easily surpasses min requirements. I
have tried all the different versions of intellitype, but
to no avail. i am stumped. hotkeys work fine with
intellitype, as does typing and gui of xp.

I would suggest that you get a game keyboard, they use the
default drivers. If you need the fancy features, you can
have two keyboards.

"CB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| hi, i have the microsoft multimedia keyboard (black one,
| if it makes a difference), and when i install the
| intellitype software to enable the hotkeys, my game
| controls get all messed up no matter what game i play.
| it causes extreme delays in movement, etc and keeps
| moving after i let go. it is not a lag problem, i have a
| decent system that easily surpasses min requirements. I
| have tried all the different versions of intellitype, but
| to no avail. i am stumped. hotkeys work fine with
| intellitype, as does typing and gui of xp.

You will have to go to the controller settngs for each game and reconfigure
the keys the way you want them to work for any game.