Help neede with ASUS A7V-600 MX and Sempron 2800+

Hi all,

I have the following problem.

My Asus A7V600 MX will only recognise the Sempron as a 1200 Mhz
processor i.s.o. 2000 Mhz.
I've flashed to the lastest BIOS v1007.

When I leave the DSW settings at default it boots to 1200Mhz (FSB 100)
When I set the DSW switch nr 1 to on(166.67mhz) it boots to 1200 Mhz
(FBS 100).
When I set the DSW switch nr 1 & 2 to on (200) , it won't boot at all.

Did I forget to set something in the BIOS, or another tiny jumper on
the Mobo ?

TIA and regards,

kleinvaag

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:23:18 +0100, kleinvaag <kleinvaag@bla.bla>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have the following problem.
>
>My Asus A7V600 MX will only recognise the Sempron as a 1200 Mhz
>processor i.s.o. 2000 Mhz.
>I've flashed to the lastest BIOS v1007.
>
>When I leave the DSW settings at default it boots to 1200Mhz (FSB 100)
>When I set the DSW switch nr 1 to on(166.67mhz) it boots to 1200 Mhz
>(FBS 100).
>When I set the DSW switch nr 1 & 2 to on (200) , it won't boot at all.
>
>Did I forget to set something in the BIOS, or another tiny jumper on
>the Mobo ?
>
>TIA and regards,
>
>kleinvaag

Correction :

Mobo is a Asus A7V400-MX
Processor is a AMD Sempron 2800+

kleinvaag

kleinvaag wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:23:18 +0100, kleinvaag <kleinvaag@bla.bla>
> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I have the following problem.
>>
>>My Asus A7V600 MX will only recognise the Sempron as a 1200 Mhz
>>processor i.s.o. 2000 Mhz.
>>I've flashed to the lastest BIOS v1007.
>>
>>When I leave the DSW settings at default it boots to 1200Mhz (FSB 100)
>>When I set the DSW switch nr 1 to on(166.67mhz) it boots to 1200 Mhz
>>(FBS 100).
>>When I set the DSW switch nr 1 & 2 to on (200) , it won't boot at all.
>>
>>Did I forget to set something in the BIOS, or another tiny jumper on
>>the Mobo ?
>>
>>TIA and regards,
>>
>>kleinvaag
>

> Correction :
>
> Mobo is a Asus A7V400-MX
> Processor is a AMD Sempron 2800+
>
> kleinvaag

I know that there have been manuals misprinted when it came to the dsw
switches... You seem to be setting them backwards... for 200mhz 1&2 are
off, the rest are on.

Here is what I have in mine, maybe it can help you?

1 2 3 4 5
100mhz off off off off off
133mhz off on off on off
166mhz off on on on on
200mhz off off on on on

Hope it helps.

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:14:17 -0500, Browser Joe <i.dont@think.so>
wrote:

>kleinvaag wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:23:18 +0100, kleinvaag <kleinvaag@bla.bla>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I have the following problem.
>>>
>>>My Asus A7V600 MX will only recognise the Sempron as a 1200 Mhz
>>>processor i.s.o. 2000 Mhz.
>>>I've flashed to the lastest BIOS v1007.
>>>
>>>When I leave the DSW settings at default it boots to 1200Mhz (FSB 100)
>>>When I set the DSW switch nr 1 to on(166.67mhz) it boots to 1200 Mhz
>>>(FBS 100).
>>>When I set the DSW switch nr 1 & 2 to on (200) , it won't boot at all.
>>>
>>>Did I forget to set something in the BIOS, or another tiny jumper on
>>>the Mobo ?
>>>
>>>TIA and regards,
>>>
>>>kleinvaag
>>

>> Correction :
>>
>> Mobo is a Asus A7V400-MX
>> Processor is a AMD Sempron 2800+
>>
>> kleinvaag
>>

>I know that there have been manuals misprinted when it came to the dsw
>switches... You seem to be setting them backwards... for 200mhz 1&2 are
>off, the rest are on.
>
>Here is what I have in mine, maybe it can help you?
>
> 1 2 3 4 5
>100mhz off off off off off
>133mhz off on off on off
>166mhz off on on on on
>200mhz off off on on on
>

>Hope it helps.

Joe,

Thx !!
It works now :)
CPU is recognised as a 2800+ Sempron and as 2000Mhz CPU in WinXP Pro.

I've downloaded the latest manual from ASUS, in there the wrong DSW
settings are printed. I guess ASUS like theie buyers to struggle a
little :-(

Thx again, you've been a big help.

kleinvaag