General Epson Printer Question

I just got the Epson R800 printer. This is the first Epson printer that I
will utilize full time.
It is suggested in the manuals that when the printer is not in use to remove
the paper and close both the top and front openings to avoid dust getting
into the printer.
To those who use Epson printers full-time, do you do this every day or only
when the printer will not be used for several days, a week, etc.
Thanks, Steve

Paul

Splendid

"Steven Wandy" <Swandy@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> I just got the Epson R800 printer. This is the first Epson printer that I
> will utilize full time.
> It is suggested in the manuals that when the printer is not in use to
remove
> the paper and close both the top and front openings to avoid dust getting
> into the printer.
> To those who use Epson printers full-time, do you do this every day or
only
> when the printer will not be used for several days, a week, etc.
> Thanks, Steve

Or why not just do what it say's in the manual. WHEN NOT IN USE close the
flaps.

---

"Steven Wandy" <Swandy@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> I just got the Epson R800 printer. This is the first Epson printer that I
> will utilize full time.
> It is suggested in the manuals that when the printer is not in use to
remove
> the paper and close both the top and front openings to avoid dust getting
> into the printer.
> To those who use Epson printers full-time, do you do this every day or
only
> when the printer will not be used for several days, a week, etc.
> Thanks, Steve

I keep a Bandana over the top of my printer.

Just turn off the printer and put a cover over it, if it is not in use for
a while. If you are going to use it almost every day, you shouldn't worry
about it.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Steven Wandy" <Swandy@si.rr.com> wrote in message
I just got the Epson R800 printer. This is the first Epson printer that I
will utilize full time.
It is suggested in the manuals that when the printer is not in use to remove
the paper and close both the top and front openings to avoid dust getting
into the printer.
To those who use Epson printers full-time, do you do this every day or only
when the printer will not be used for several days, a week, etc.
Thanks, Steve

I keep them turned off until I need to print. Also be sure to put the paper
thickness lever to paper, not envelopes when not using the printer.
Following the directions is always a good thing.

In article <109vp16fe1gq7c9@corp.supernews.com>, M@U.com (NCHA) wrote:

> I keep a Bandana over the top of my printer.

Doesn't that attract wasps once it starts to rot?

Oh, sorry! I missed the 'd' first time round.

Jon.

No but the ants can really gum up the works :))