i have a usb printer but in windows me there is no usb
port to configure it to.

Mike

Splendid

Load the software and drivers.. hook up the printer to the USB port.. if
your computer does not have physical USB ports, buy a USB card and install
it.. you will need to install SP1a if you haven't already..

"teresa hodder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have a usb printer but in windows me there is no usb
> port to configure it to.

SP1a is only required in order to activate USB 2.0 ports. USB 1.1 and 1.0
port drivers are already in XP.

"Mike" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Load the software and drivers.. hook up the printer to the USB port.. if
> your computer does not have physical USB ports, buy a USB card and install
> it.. you will need to install SP1a if you haven't already..
>

> "teresa hodder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i have a usb printer but in windows me there is no usb
> > port to configure it to.

Mike

Splendid

Have you tried to find anything other than a USB 2.0 card recently?

> SP1a is only required in order to activate USB 2.0 ports. USB 1.1 and 1.0
> port drivers are already in XP.
>

> "Mike" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Load the software and drivers.. hook up the printer to the USB port.. if
> > your computer does not have physical USB ports, buy a USB card and
install
> > it.. you will need to install SP1a if you haven't already..
> >

> > "teresa hodder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > i have a usb printer but in windows me there is no usb
> > > port to configure it to.

SP1 is for XP; the OP has ME.

> SP1a is only required in order to activate USB 2.0 ports. USB 1.1 and 1.0
> port drivers are already in XP.
>

> "Mike" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Load the software and drivers.. hook up the printer to the USB port.. if
> > your computer does not have physical USB ports, buy a USB card and
install
> > it.. you will need to install SP1a if you haven't already..
> >

> > "teresa hodder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > i have a usb printer but in windows me there is no usb
> > > port to configure it to.

Mike

Splendid

I have taken due note of D Currie's observation and he is correct..

Windows ME does support USB, but your computer may not necessarily be fitted
with USB ports.. so go and buy a USB card, install it into the machine, and
be ready with the Win ME installation cd.. I am assuming that a USB 2.0 card
will work as version 1.1 with ME drivers..

"teresa hodder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have a usb printer but in windows me there is no usb
> port to configure it to.

Also, you shouldn't have to configure a USB device. It configures
itself. I also highly recommend buying an upgrade to Windows XP as it
is going to be around for a while and Windows ME was released before it
was even finished. Horrible OS and shame on MS for releasing it before
it was ready :)

----
Nathan McNulty