A8V CMOS Checksum Bad

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
December 30, 2004 3:42:45 AM

I get a bad checksum on my Asus A8V. This is a brand new board. I have to
clear the CMOS to even get it to boot. Then I can go through some things to
setup and then reboot and I get a blank screen and the system does nothing.
If I clear the CMOS again it will boot. Can you give me an idea of what I
need to do? Do I need to flash the bios?

Thanks,
Marcus

More about : a8v cmos checksum bad

December 30, 2004 3:42:46 AM

I would flash it with the latest BIOS. I had all sorts of CMOS blow-outs
with the shipping BIOS as well. It went away after the flash.

-Larry

"Marcus" <mkbaird@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I get a bad checksum on my Asus A8V. This is a brand new board. I have to
>clear the CMOS to even get it to boot. Then I can go through some things to
>setup and then reboot and I get a blank screen and the system does nothing.
>If I clear the CMOS again it will boot. Can you give me an idea of what I
>need to do? Do I need to flash the bios?
>

> Thanks,
> Marcus

December 30, 2004 8:59:57 AM

Thanks Larry. It worked for me as well.

marcus

"Larry" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>I would flash it with the latest BIOS. I had all sorts of CMOS blow-outs
>with the shipping BIOS as well. It went away after the flash.
>
> -Larry
>
> "Marcus" <mkbaird@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>I get a bad checksum on my Asus A8V. This is a brand new board. I have to
>>clear the CMOS to even get it to boot. Then I can go through some things
>>to setup and then reboot and I get a blank screen and the system does
>>nothing. If I clear the CMOS again it will boot. Can you give me an idea
>>of what I need to do? Do I need to flash the bios?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Marcus

January 1, 2005 4:32:52 AM

You're quite welcome :)