PPC Ebook format converter

June 21, 2004 5:12:19 PM

Hi. I'm looking for software that will convert non-secure Palm DOC
(*.pdb) ebooks to text. I use several pieces of software that will do
so on my PC, but can find nothing that will do this on the PPC itself.

Reason is, I'm experimenting with Fonix iSpeak, and am having fun
being read to by Stephen Hawking. I took the decision some time ago
to store all my Gutenberg texts on the PPC in DOC format, both for
reasons of size and so that I can read them with either Palm Reader
Pro (now eReader) or uBook at whim.

Any ideas?

Darren
UK
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 7:52:18 PM

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:12:19 +0100, Darren A. Peace
<dpeace@bigfoot.com.nospam> wrote:

>Hi. I'm looking for software that will convert non-secure Palm DOC
>(*.pdb) ebooks to text. I use several pieces of software that will do
>so on my PC, but can find nothing that will do this on the PPC itself.
>
>Reason is, I'm experimenting with Fonix iSpeak, and am having fun
>being read to by Stephen Hawking. I took the decision some time ago
>to store all my Gutenberg texts on the PPC in DOC format, both for
>reasons of size and so that I can read them with either Palm Reader
>Pro (now eReader) or uBook at whim.

Have you tired ereader? I use it to edit ebooks to remove line feeds,
spaces etc. It should do what you want.

http://www.palmdigitalmedia.com/products/palmreader/fre...
July 4, 2004 7:52:19 PM

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:12:19 +0100, Darren A. Peace
> <dpeace@bigfoot.com.nospam> wrote:
>

> >Hi. I'm looking for software that will convert non-secure Palm DOC
> >(*.pdb) ebooks to text. I use several pieces of software that will do
> >so on my PC, but can find nothing that will do this on the PPC itself.
> >
> >Reason is, I'm experimenting with Fonix iSpeak, and am having fun
> >being read to by Stephen Hawking. I took the decision some time ago
> >to store all my Gutenberg texts on the PPC in DOC format, both for
> >reasons of size and so that I can read them with either Palm Reader
> >Pro (now eReader) or uBook at whim.

Try uBook from www.gowerpoint.com it will let you open the PalmDoc and then
cut-and-paste into a text file or you could use the speak-from-the-clipboard
feature of iSpeak and skip creating the text file.
!