We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2 under XP (SP1 or SP2).
Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a solution either.

Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.

The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.

My ASUS P4P800 dlx works like charm. How do I know ? on the P4P800dlx
it takes me 30-45 seconds to transfer a 250mg compressed file, on my
IBM p3- 866 mhz with usb 1.1 it takes me 4.5 minutes to transfer the
same file.

Locust

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:57:50 +0100, "Musicscore"
<pam_Peree@hotmail.com> wrote:

>We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2 under XP (SP1 or SP2).
>Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a solution either.
>
>Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
>The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.
>

>--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
>------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
>-= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

Ed

wrote:

>We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2 under XP (SP1 or SP2).
>Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a solution either.
>
>Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
>The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.

No problems here on a A7N8X. I've read removing the USBs from device
manager and re-booting sometimes fixes USB problems.
Ed

martin

Musicscore wrote:
> We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2
> under XP (SP1 or SP2). Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a
> solution either.
>
> Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
> The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.
>

> --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
> ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

My P4PE appears to work. How would you know it isn't?

Martin

Musicscore wrote:
> We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2 under XP (SP1 or SP2).
> Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a solution either.
>
> Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
> The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.

Works fine on mine (P4B533), need more details..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

peter

First.................are they USB2 capable mobo??
2nd...............have you turned that option on in the BIOS???
3rd..............what is listed under Device Manager??..does it say
"Enhanced"?.......
peter
"Musicscore" <pam_Peree@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2 under XP
> (SP1 or SP2).
> Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a solution either.
>
> Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
> The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.
>

> --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
> ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

My P5AD2 Premium works great with USB 2.0. Make sure the BIOS says "Hi
Speed" NOT "Full Speed".

Musicscore wrote:
> We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2
under XP (SP1 or SP2).
> Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a solution either.
>
> Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
> The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.
>

> --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
> ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

I originally had an A7N8X DLX v 1.04 running XP, then SP1 and now SP2.
USB 2.0 worked fine on it. I added an K8N with SP2 and USB 2.0 came up
without a problem. Its running with the Microsoft driver so XP must
have found it just fine.

Arnie

Musicscore wrote:
> We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2
> under XP (SP1 or SP2). Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a
> solution either.
>
> Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
> The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.
>

> --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
> ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe Ver 2.0, XP Pro SP2, no problem running USB2, in
both my mb usb ports and my 4 port usb 2.0 powered hub.
--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

I've got an A7V600 mb with a USB 2 connection works just fine for XP but you
need SP1 and the proper drivers.
"Musicscore" <pam_Peree@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2
under XP (SP1 or SP2).
> Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a solution either.
>
> Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
> The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.
>

> --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
> ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

When we connect a USB2 device (a memorykey, harddisk, etc.) to one of the
USB2 ports Windows XP shows a message that the device would work faster on a
USB2 port. Clicking the message shows all the USB2 ports as free.

"Musicscore" <pam_Peree@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2
> under XP (SP1 or SP2).
> Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a solution either.
>
> Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
> The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.
>

> --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
> ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

I've got an Epson 3170 Scanner connected to a USB2 port on an A7V600 MB with
an AMD 2600 on it and it works just fine. It took a while to get it
working. Seems to me I had to remove ALL the USB drivers and really clean up
before loading the USB 2 ones. I also have an old Kodak digital camera that
only runs USB and it works fine too.

BTW if our using XP pro you need to be an admininstrator to do some of the
things.

<pam_Peree@hotmail.com> wrote:

>We have several Asus MB (Intel - AMD) and none af them work with USB2 under XP (SP1 or SP2).
>Contacted ASUS Holland but they didn't know a solution either.
>
>Does anyone using a ASUS MB work with USB 2 and Windows XP.
>
>The IBM, Toshiba and Dell PC with no-ASUS boards work fine.
>

>--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
>------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
>-= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

Hi:

Asus P4T533-C s478/i850e [BIOS 1011 beta 001]
P4 2.8b\533MHz FSB retail
1GB OCZ PC1066 RIMMs
WinXP HE SP2 slipstream full/clean

USB 2.0 Port1:
1x250GB Maxtor One Touch External Ultra ATA-133 7200 RPM HDD [USB2.0]

USB 2.0 Port2:
D-Link DUB-H4 powered 4 port USB v2.0 hub
Canon D1250U2F USB 2.0 scanner [USB2.0]

The devices above also ran fine with WindowsXP HE SP1
My original WindowsXP HE install (w/o a Service Pack) also ran the
USB2.0 scanner using the chipset drivers from the Asus P4T533-C
installation disc.

No idea what your problem is.

Happy trails,