Configuration new HDD

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Install it in the computer case first. Check the owner's manual for complete
instructions.

"Jose" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I configure my new HDD into winXP

I agree. Use the Installation Manual that came with the drive. You need
to screw the harddrive into the case, plug in the power, plug in the IDE
cable to both the harddrive and the motherboard (or add it to an
existing IDE Chain). If it is the second drive on an IDE Cable, you will
want to change the one on the end to Master and the one in the middle to
Slave on the jumpers on the back of them. Once you have done that, you
may need to change settings in your BIOS. More help on that if you need
it. Once in Windows, if this is a second harddrive, you can partition
and format it using Disk Management (Right click on My Computer, click
Manage, click Disk Management, then right click on the drive).

----
Nathan McNulty