A7V400-MX Mouse Light On After Power Off

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
December 31, 2004 4:31:08 PM

Is there anyway to turn this off? KBPWR jumper?

TIA
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 31, 2004 4:31:09 PM

BillyBoy wrote:
> Is there anyway to turn this off? KBPWR jumper?
>
> TIA

Disable all ps2kb and ps2ms if you have a usb mouse/kb disable all usb
power options. The usb and kb will still work, just not when the power
is off, so in essence, you can't use wake on mouse or kb.

Hope it helps.
December 31, 2004 6:42:37 PM

why is it hurting you???
a b V Motherboard
December 31, 2004 6:56:40 PM

"BillyBoy" <noreply@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to turn this off? KBPWR jumper?
>
> TIA
On some boards there is an option for whether the mouse can 'wake' the
machine in the BIOS. This will sometimes turn off the power.
It is particularly annoying on some designs of 'wireless' mice, where
having power to the receiver module, prevents them going to sleep, and
runs the batteries down... :-(
Unfortunately, it is becoming more common on modern machines for larger
numbers of peripherals to remain awake. I turn off the UPS, which switches
everything off...

Best Wishes
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 31, 2004 10:29:37 PM

Both KB and Mouse are PS2. All power options are disabled.

"Browser Joe" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
BillyBoy wrote:
> Is there anyway to turn this off? KBPWR jumper?
>
> TIA

Disable all ps2kb and ps2ms if you have a usb mouse/kb disable all usb
power options. The usb and kb will still work, just not when the power
is off, so in essence, you can't use wake on mouse or kb.

Hope it helps.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 31, 2004 10:42:40 PM

This is an IntelliMouse Optical USB or PS2. I just changed it to USB and
it's fine. However, my experience is that PS2 is more stable.

!