Wireless mouse fine, keyboard no go

I have windows xp. I am installing microsoft wireless
mouse and keyboard combo. I am using the ps/2 connection
with the green adapter, plug in both to round purple and
green outlets on computer, the mouse works fine but the
keyboard does not, and as soon as I hit a key or try to
change channel or reconnect the device, the mouse stops
working and I must turn off computer and begin again.
I have tried all usb, round connection configurations and
using the adapter and two round outlets is the only way
even the mouse alone will work.help!!

I would try this. Unplug everything that has to do with your keyboard or
mouse, plug in a wired keyboard, turn on the computer, uninstall the MS
Intelli... software from the Add/Remove Programs. Now go to
http://www.microsoft.com/keyboard/ and download the latest drivers for
your keyboard and mouse, now install those drivers, then reboot. Now
plug in your USB connection for the wireless transciever. Now try
connecting the two as the user manual suggests ;)

----
Nathan McNulty