index.dat file 416k and growing

June 21, 2004 9:11:29 PM

Hi,

I have had an IPAQ 2210 for a month or so now. I have noticed my
profiles\guest\temporary internet...\...\index.dat is taking up quite a bit
of memory. It looks like I can't delete this file as it is needed for PIE,
but does anybody know of a way or of a freeware util that will let me clear
or delete the file (guess the same will eventually go for the cookies and
history index.dat's).

TIA

Glenn

---
June 21, 2004 9:11:30 PM

How about going into PIE's option screen and deleting
the Temporary Internet files from there?

~S.

"Glenns Spam" <glenns.spambox@tesco.net> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I have had an IPAQ 2210 for a month or so now. I have noticed my
> profiles\guest\temporary internet...\...\index.dat is taking up quite a
> bit of memory. It looks like I can't delete this file as it is needed
> for PIE, but does anybody know of a way or of a freeware util that will
> let me clear or delete the file (guess the same will eventually go for
> the cookies and history index.dat's).
>
> TIA
>
> Glenn
>

> ---

======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 12:33:35 AM

Yeah tried that - clears out the temp files but the index.dat is still the
same size. Anyway the problem has gone away now - I was having problems
installing a WiFi card and ended up doing a hard reset. Well, I suppose it's
one way to clear out the index.dat file!

Glenn