Max. capacity harddisk A7M266

Hello, All!

I have a A7M266 board (266MHz FSB DDR RAM AGP Pro Socket A Motherboard)
Releasedate May 2001.
What I want to know is, what the maximum capacity of any harddrive can be
handled by this board.

Thanks.

With best regards, EDJO.
3 answers Last reply
More about capacity harddisk a7m266

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:56:11 +0100, "EDJO" <Ed@Jo.com> wrote:

    >Hello, All!
    >
    >I have a A7M266 board (266MHz FSB DDR RAM AGP Pro Socket A Motherboard)
    >Releasedate May 2001.
    >What I want to know is, what the maximum capacity of any harddrive can be
    >handled by this board.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >With best regards, EDJO.

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx

    Ed

    I was just going to post the same thing, except for the A7V133 ((Parallel
    IDE and Raid controller).

    I turned my old A7V133 into a file server several years back. It's been
    running perfectly for years, 24/7, without issues, except for ripping the
    fan off the chipset whch failed the first week I got the board. Windows
    Server 2003 also runs fine as well.

    But my 80GB drives are getting a bit aged (they have never had a break), and
    replacements are well above the 137GB limit that trips up older boards.

    I can't seem to find the info on ASUS site anywhere.

    Thanks :)

    -Larry

    "EDJO" <Ed@Jo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, All!
    >
    > I have a A7M266 board (266MHz FSB DDR RAM AGP Pro Socket A Motherboard)
    > Releasedate May 2001.
    > What I want to know is, what the maximum capacity of any harddrive can be
    > handled by this board.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > With best regards, EDJO.

    A7V133 Yes 1008

    Excellent. Thanks!

    -Larry

    "Ed" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:56:11 +0100, "EDJO" <Ed@Jo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello, All!
    >>
    >>I have a A7M266 board (266MHz FSB DDR RAM AGP Pro Socket A Motherboard)
    >>Releasedate May 2001.
    >>What I want to know is, what the maximum capacity of any harddrive can be
    >>handled by this board.
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>With best regards, EDJO.
    >>

    > http://www.asus.com.tw/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx