Max. capacity harddisk A7M266

Hello, All!

I have a A7M266 board (266MHz FSB DDR RAM AGP Pro Socket A Motherboard)
Releasedate May 2001.
What I want to know is, what the maximum capacity of any harddrive can be
handled by this board.

Thanks.

With best regards, EDJO.

Ed

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:56:11 +0100, "EDJO" <Ed@Jo.com> wrote:

>Hello, All!
>
>I have a A7M266 board (266MHz FSB DDR RAM AGP Pro Socket A Motherboard)
>Releasedate May 2001.
>What I want to know is, what the maximum capacity of any harddrive can be
>handled by this board.
>
>Thanks.
>
>With best regards, EDJO.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx

Ed

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I was just going to post the same thing, except for the A7V133 ((Parallel
IDE and Raid controller).

I turned my old A7V133 into a file server several years back. It's been
running perfectly for years, 24/7, without issues, except for ripping the
fan off the chipset whch failed the first week I got the board. Windows
Server 2003 also runs fine as well.

But my 80GB drives are getting a bit aged (they have never had a break), and
replacements are well above the 137GB limit that trips up older boards.

I can't seem to find the info on ASUS site anywhere.

Thanks :)

-Larry

"EDJO" <Ed@Jo.com> wrote in message
> Hello, All!
>
> I have a A7M266 board (266MHz FSB DDR RAM AGP Pro Socket A Motherboard)
> Releasedate May 2001.
> What I want to know is, what the maximum capacity of any harddrive can be
> handled by this board.
>
> Thanks.
>
> With best regards, EDJO.

Larry