Will diablo 2 run on windows 7?

eight g

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
i have installed diablo 2 and tried the troubleshooting but after the window for diablo 2 asking to play the game i just get a black screen. even when the video testing for which graphic card i have it just flickers across the screen. nothing happens.
i have windows 7 and fairly good system specs.
colin79@hotmail.co.uk

thanks for your help.

soul_crazy2003

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011

okay ive played diablo 2 plenty of times on Windows 98 and Windows Xp and i tried installing it on Windows Vista and it doesnt work so therefore i would say that Windows 7 will not allow u to play that game bc it came out a long time before windows 7 came out. I could be wrong but thats my opinion. I would think that windows 7 is to fast for it.

eight g

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
thanks guys for your replies. iv tried them all but to no joy. I did write to blizzard and they gave me a patch. i had to send them some system info like msconfig and their patch has worked just fine. So I guess all the above would work and are worth a try but contacting blizzard worked for me. the patch was also frre. i only wished this was available for other games like wipeout or even repton. anyone remember repton?

many thanks. :bounce: