Sign in with
Your question

Will diablo 2 run on windows 7?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 24, 2011 11:25:25 AM

i have installed diablo 2 and tried the troubleshooting but after the window for diablo 2 asking to play the game i just get a black screen. even when the video testing for which graphic card i have it just flickers across the screen. nothing happens.
i have windows 7 and fairly good system specs.
colin79@hotmail.co.uk

thanks for your help.

More about : diablo run windows

January 27, 2011 9:01:14 PM

eight g said:
i have installed diablo 2 and tried the troubleshooting but after the window for diablo 2 asking to play the game i just get a black screen. even when the video testing for which graphic card i have it just flickers across the screen. nothing happens.
i have windows 7 and fairly good system specs.
colin79@hotmail.co.uk

thanks for your help.

okay ive played diablo 2 plenty of times on Windows 98 and Windows Xp and i tried installing it on Windows Vista and it doesnt work so therefore i would say that Windows 7 will not allow u to play that game bc it came out a long time before windows 7 came out. I could be wrong but thats my opinion. I would think that windows 7 is to fast for it.
m
l
January 28, 2011 7:51:04 AM

D2 works perfectly on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate for me. I have installed on two Win 7 machines and no problems. Worked fine on Vista too from what I remember..
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2011 2:07:13 PM

Works fine on VISTA if you have patched it -- SEE HERE
m
l
January 29, 2011 10:24:10 PM

JDFan said:
Works fine on VISTA if you have patched it -- SEE HERE

that makes sense i didnt do that, like i said i could be wrong and i was
m
l
January 30, 2011 1:16:08 AM

Well you have a couple of options.

First, right click on the Diablo 2 executable and run the 'Troubleshoot compatibility'. Save and run the settings it detects.

If that doesn't work you can also try a glide wrapper, which is what I did. This one should work

http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html
m
l
February 8, 2011 11:56:20 AM

It should work fine, if not enable Hardware Assisted Virtualization in your BIOS and use Windows XP mode to play your favourite RPG :) .
m
l
February 15, 2011 10:43:48 AM

thanks guys for your replies. iv tried them all but to no joy. I did write to blizzard and they gave me a patch. i had to send them some system info like msconfig and their patch has worked just fine. So I guess all the above would work and are worth a try but contacting blizzard worked for me. the patch was also frre. i only wished this was available for other games like wipeout or even repton. anyone remember repton?

many thanks. :bounce: 
m
l
!