Will diablo 2 run on windows 7?

i have installed diablo 2 and tried the troubleshooting but after the window for diablo 2 asking to play the game i just get a black screen. even when the video testing for which graphic card i have it just flickers across the screen. nothing happens.
i have windows 7 and fairly good system specs.
colin79@hotmail.co.uk

thanks for your help.
7 answers Last reply
More about will diablo windows
  1. eight g said:
    i have installed diablo 2 and tried the troubleshooting but after the window for diablo 2 asking to play the game i just get a black screen. even when the video testing for which graphic card i have it just flickers across the screen. nothing happens.
    i have windows 7 and fairly good system specs.
    colin79@hotmail.co.uk

thanks for your help.

okay ive played diablo 2 plenty of times on Windows 98 and Windows Xp and i tried installing it on Windows Vista and it doesnt work so therefore i would say that Windows 7 will not allow u to play that game bc it came out a long time before windows 7 came out. I could be wrong but thats my opinion. I would think that windows 7 is to fast for it.
  2. D2 works perfectly on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate for me. I have installed on two Win 7 machines and no problems. Worked fine on Vista too from what I remember..
  3. Works fine on VISTA if you have patched it -- SEE HERE
  4. JDFan said:
    Works fine on VISTA if you have patched it -- SEE HERE

that makes sense i didnt do that, like i said i could be wrong and i was
  5. Well you have a couple of options.

First, right click on the Diablo 2 executable and run the 'Troubleshoot compatibility'. Save and run the settings it detects.

If that doesn't work you can also try a glide wrapper, which is what I did. This one should work

http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html
  6. It should work fine, if not enable Hardware Assisted Virtualization in your BIOS and use Windows XP mode to play your favourite RPG :).
  7. thanks guys for your replies. iv tried them all but to no joy. I did write to blizzard and they gave me a patch. i had to send them some system info like msconfig and their patch has worked just fine. So I guess all the above would work and are worth a try but contacting blizzard worked for me. the patch was also frre. i only wished this was available for other games like wipeout or even repton. anyone remember repton?

many thanks. :bounce:
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Graphics Cards Diablo