CD drive does not function correctly on dell inspiron 5100

Tags:
  • Dell Inspiron
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
July 22, 2004 10:52:48 AM

I have a Dell inspiron 5100 2.66GHz P4, 512mb ram, 60GB
hdd, win xp pro and a 24x CD-R\RW+DVD-ROM Drive. When a
data CD is inserted into the drive the computer does not
recognize it. The autorun never works and when you click
on the drive in my computer it comes up as empty. The
only way to make the comp recognize a data CD is by going
to the properties for the cd drive then the hardware tab
then properties for that drive then the volumes tab and
finally clicking populate. After that the drive works
fine. Also music CDs and DVDs will work after a few
minutes. Any help with this issue wuold be greatly
appreciated

More about : drive function correctly dell inspiron 5100

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 4:33:22 PM

Try removing it from Device Manager and rebooting. Also, try here:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?...

----
Nathan McNulty

!