The Maw... completed in 18 minutes!!!????

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Yes, it's true. And in Legendary mode, too.

Thank You, thank you...

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Damn, what's your name on multiplayer so I know who to avoid? :)

Pezoids wrote:

> Yes, it's true. And in Legendary mode, too.
>
> Thank You, thank you...

Jonathan

Remove NOSPAM to reply via e-mail

Ryan

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

SO!!!
The Maw is soooooooooooooo easy, even on legendary.
The biggest problem is getting past the cafeteria.
Just remember your objectives!!!!!
From the corridor run straight across to the space that holds the
vending machines. This triggers the fight. Now with shotgun in hand run
past everyone, only shooting who is directly in your path on your way to
the bridge.
Now you can pick up the health pack, pop into the next room and plasma
grenade the elite.
Take out grunts.
See the video.
Run like hell away from the sentinels.
Run to the armoury door with shotgun and put yourself against the wall
just beside the door.
Every time a flood appears shoot.
Just remember your objectives!!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL AND FIGHT,
JUST GET TO THE NEXT AREA.
Everyone should be able to do this and see the Sergeant and the Elite do
something to each other as the Pillar of Autumn goes nova.
Scott-done-it-many-times

Pezoids wrote:
> Yes, it's true. And in Legendary mode, too.
>
> Thank You, thank you...

Ale

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

did you buy the game to race against time or to play a FPS? b/c u just raced
through one of my favorite levels of the game, second probly only to the
escape run, and an time that flood, covenant, sntinal, and human forces
converge. this happens once or twice as i can remember, and its really
cool. if u jump into the middle of the fight, and take a stand, its a great
challange, u have to face all 4 diff AI and strategies.

"Ryan" <r701e@rogers.com> wrote in message
> SO!!!
> The Maw is soooooooooooooo easy, even on legendary.
> The biggest problem is getting past the cafeteria.
> Just remember your objectives!!!!!
> From the corridor run straight across to the space that holds the
> vending machines. This triggers the fight. Now with shotgun in hand run
> past everyone, only shooting who is directly in your path on your way to
> the bridge.
> Now you can pick up the health pack, pop into the next room and plasma
> grenade the elite.
> Take out grunts.
> See the video.
> Run like hell away from the sentinels.
> Run to the armoury door with shotgun and put yourself against the wall
> just beside the door.
> Every time a flood appears shoot.
> Just remember your objectives!!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL AND FIGHT,
> JUST GET TO THE NEXT AREA.
> Everyone should be able to do this and see the Sergeant and the Elite do
> something to each other as the Pillar of Autumn goes nova.
> Scott-done-it-many-times
>
> Pezoids wrote:
> > Yes, it's true. And in Legendary mode, too.
> >
> > Thank You, thank you...

Scott

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

One of the strategies one must master is when to fight.
I have spent so much time happily addicted to HALO my wife is convinced
she is a widow. Yes I have completed the whole game a number of times,
on all difficulties. The killer was the third level The Truth and
Reconciliation. On Legendary that has to be the level you must use
discretion and stealth. Fighting to the death can take on a new meaning
on that level.
Do I like doing all the levels? Yes, especially level two Halo, with
that one the driving, the sniping, charging the enemy, rescuing our
troops, ahhhhhhhh so sweet.
Back to your question: I starting hogging the xbox from my kids to play
the FPS, killing mankind's enemy. Many times to run back into an area
just to kill them off a different way. i.e. third level The Truth and
Reconciliation: you've fought your way out of the gravity lift room and
up to the deck above the equipment storage (tank, ghosts), cleared the
deck, and plasma pistolled (on overload) the enemy below you. Now rather
continue to the door at the end of the deck, jump down onto the tank.
Go through the open door which leads back up to the upper deck and
attack the elites from the opposite direction they were expecting you.
Really you don't have to deal with them once you jump down, but it's fun
to go get 'em.
Again, for skill testing / fun, I like to see if I can complete a level
AND never have been killed. That is fun, and it requires the strategy of
"YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL AND FIGHT EVERYONE." Oh yeah, respect you shield
bar as if it was your health. Now try to get through the level without
dying once.
Scott

ale wrote:
> did you buy the game to race against time or to play a FPS? b/c u just raced
> through one of my favorite levels of the game, second probly only to the
> escape run, and an time that flood, covenant, sntinal, and human forces
> converge. this happens once or twice as i can remember, and its really
> cool. if u jump into the middle of the fight, and take a stand, its a great
> challange, u have to face all 4 diff AI and strategies.
>

>>Scott wrote
>>SO!!!
>>The Maw is soooooooooooooo easy, even on legendary.
>>The biggest problem is getting past the cafeteria.
>>Just remember your objectives!!!!!
>> From the corridor run straight across to the space that holds the
>>vending machines. This triggers the fight. Now with shotgun in hand run
>>past everyone, only shooting who is directly in your path on your way to
>>the bridge.
>>Now you can pick up the health pack, pop into the next room and plasma
>>grenade the elite.
>>Take out grunts.
>>See the video.
>>Run like hell away from the sentinels.
>>Run to the armoury door with shotgun and put yourself against the wall
>>just beside the door.
>>Every time a flood appears shoot.
>>Just remember your objectives!!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL AND FIGHT,
>>JUST GET TO THE NEXT AREA.
>>Everyone should be able to do this and see the Sergeant and the Elite do
>>something to each other as the Pillar of Autumn goes nova.
>>Scott-done-it-many-times
>>
>>Pezoids wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, it's true. And in Legendary mode, too.
>>>
>>>Thank You, thank you...

Scott

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

PS for those who really want to watch the Sarg and the Elite.
Follow the below AND do it in co-op mode. When you go to enter the
engine room leave the second player outside. The game trigger for all
the flood and sentinels in the engine room is when BOTH players enter
it. When you doing the level, keep two rockets spare. You'll need them
when you exit the engine room and go to the elevator only to find it
arriving with Convenant forces, two rockets work wonders here.
Scott.

Pezoids wrote:
> Yes, it's true. And in Legendary mode, too.
>
> Thank You, thank you...

Proof?

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I hate to burst your 15 minutes of fame, oh wait a minute, 18 minutes of
fame. Anyone who believes this dork is out of there mind. Believe me if you
leave your face glued to the screen 24/7 your time will get better by the
minute. You must not have a life if this is what you are doing.....

"Pezoids" <pezoids@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it's true. And in Legendary mode, too.
>
> Thank You, thank you...

Ryan

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Michael take your medication and stop flipping out at people who claim
to have obuiously done better than you have. And jeeze if ure flaming a
guy cuz he claims he can do it in 18 minutes must meen you're determined
to something similar because non-brain dead people wouldn't care
otherwise. Unless of course you're hell bent proving you're jack ass. In
which case go right ahead and reply.
Michael wrote:

> I hate to burst your 15 minutes of fame, oh wait a minute, 18 minutes of
> fame. Anyone who believes this dork is out of there mind. Believe me if you
> leave your face glued to the screen 24/7 your time will get better by the
> minute. You must not have a life if this is what you are doing.....
>
> "Pezoids" <pezoids@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Yes, it's true. And in Legendary mode, too.
>>
>>Thank You, thank you...

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Yeah! that's the spirit. Smack dat bitch up!

I thought this newsgroup is for people enthusiastic about the game. I don't
care what anyone believes. And I don't play HALO 24/7 nowadays. It's more
like 30 minutes/7.

Hey, does anyone know of a way to record a game in progress onto a VCR? I
tried a few different configurations, but no success.

somebody

> Yeah! that's the spirit. Smack dat bitch up!
>
> I thought this newsgroup is for people enthusiastic about the game. I
don't
> care what anyone believes. And I don't play HALO 24/7 nowadays. It's more
> like 30 minutes/7.
>
> Hey, does anyone know of a way to record a game in progress onto a VCR? I
> tried a few different configurations, but no success.

Xbox, I would imagine if your video feed is before the VCR it would work
fine.

PC, you would need TV-out, and feed that into the input for your VCR. You
could potentially use something like FRAPS to record to the hard drive and
then transfer aftewards at your leisure.

-Russ.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Actually, I just completed it in 15 minutes.

Got to the engine room in about 8 minutes

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Let me put it to you this way Ryan, not to be mean, but do you really think
that with just three trys you could beat it in 18mins? My answer would be
no! The only way you would be able to beat it in 18 is if you had your
pimple bug eyed faced stuck to the screen all day long, and let me tell you
That means you have no life if you did.
> Michael take your medication and stop flipping out at people who claim
> to have obuiously done better than you have. And jeeze if ure flaming a
> guy cuz he claims he can do it in 18 minutes must meen you're determined
> to something similar because non-brain dead people wouldn't care
> otherwise. Unless of course you're hell bent proving you're jack ass. In
> which case go right ahead and reply.
> Michael wrote:
>
> > I hate to burst your 15 minutes of fame, oh wait a minute, 18 minutes of
> > fame. Anyone who believes this dork is out of there mind. Believe me if
you
> > leave your face glued to the screen 24/7 your time will get better by
the
> > minute. You must not have a life if this is what you are doing.....
> >
> > "Pezoids" <pezoids@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Yes, it's true. And in Legendary mode, too.
> >>
> >>Thank You, thank you...

Ryan

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Where did it say three tries? Its possible that people can get good at
halo by only playing 30 mins 6 days a week or less for a bout a year,
eventually you get better at it. It doesn't require that you make halo
your only calling in life, unless of course you can't see beyond that
one possibility and contemplate alternative methods people might take to
get the said objective done. If that is the case then my only advice
would be is to take some time, perhaps a long nice long walk in the
woods and contemplate thinking ahead of your actions, and if you have
developed the necessary ability to think ahead, then perhaps you may be
able to avoid the pitfalls of humiliation set by the natives weilding
foresight.

Michael wrote:
> Let me put it to you this way Ryan, not to be mean, but do you really think
> that with just three trys you could beat it in 18mins? My answer would be
> no! The only way you would be able to beat it in 18 is if you had your
> pimple bug eyed faced stuck to the screen all day long, and let me tell you
> That means you have no life if you did.
> "Ryan" <r701e@rogers.com> wrote in message
>
>>Michael take your medication and stop flipping out at people who claim
>>to have obuiously done better than you have. And jeeze if ure flaming a
>>guy cuz he claims he can do it in 18 minutes must meen you're determined
>>to something similar because non-brain dead people wouldn't care
>>otherwise. Unless of course you're hell bent proving you're jack ass. In
>>which case go right ahead and reply.
>>Michael wrote:
>>

>>>I hate to burst your 15 minutes of fame, oh wait a minute, 18 minutes of
>>>fame. Anyone who believes this dork is out of there mind. Believe me if
>
> you
>
>>>leave your face glued to the screen 24/7 your time will get better by
>
> the
>
>>>minute. You must not have a life if this is what you are doing.....
>>>
>>>"Pezoids" <pezoids@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ryan

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

P.S. last bit is a metaphor for people just joining the newsgroup.

Ryan wrote:

> Where did it say three tries? Its possible that people can get good at
> halo by only playing 30 mins 6 days a week or less for a bout a year,
> eventually you get better at it. It doesn't require that you make halo
> your only calling in life, unless of course you can't see beyond that
> one possibility and contemplate alternative methods people might take to
> get the said objective done. If that is the case then my only advice
> would be is to take some time, perhaps a long nice long walk in the
> woods and contemplate thinking ahead of your actions, and if you have
> developed the necessary ability to think ahead, then perhaps you may be
> able to avoid the pitfalls of humiliation set by the natives weilding
> foresight.
>
> Michael wrote:
>
>> Let me put it to you this way Ryan, not to be mean, but do you really
>> think
>> that with just three trys you could beat it in 18mins? My answer would be
>> no! The only way you would be able to beat it in 18 is if you had your
>> pimple bug eyed faced stuck to the screen all day long, and let me
>> tell you
>> That means you have no life if you did.
>> "Ryan" <r701e@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Michael take your medication and stop flipping out at people who claim
>>> to have obuiously done better than you have. And jeeze if ure flaming a
>>> guy cuz he claims he can do it in 18 minutes must meen you're determined
>>> to something similar because non-brain dead people wouldn't care
>>> otherwise. Unless of course you're hell bent proving you're jack ass. In
>>> which case go right ahead and reply.

>> you

>> the

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

WOW !!

I thought maybe I could knock 13 down maybe a minute at the most, but 11?
dang!