Sync to Public Contacts

June 21, 2004 1:37:10 PM

I am a reseller of computer hardware and software. I am trying to push
Microsoft Pocket PC to a lot of my clients because they are running Exchange
2003 and the ability to remotely sync to Email, Calendar, and Contacts is
exceptional. Only Blackberry rivals it, but you have to spend a lot on the
server software for that to happen and the device is inferior. That said,
both Palm and Blackberry allow you to synchronize to multiple contact
folders, including Public contact folders in Exchange Server. The fact that
you cannot do this with ActiveSync is a GLARING hole in the Microsoft
product. I used to use Pocket Contact Synchronizer from the web site to
synchronize public contacts into my personal contacts so I could sync them,
but that was messy because it was a one way sync and it broke with Outlook
2003 which I and all my clients are now on.

Does anyone have any solution for me? My clients need to share a central
contact list for their company and they need to see those contacts on their
PocketPC devices.

Thank you,

- Jamison

More about : sync public contacts

Anonymous
June 21, 2004 11:59:04 PM

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:37:10 +0200, Jamison West wrote
(in article <10de3i26s06qfe8@corp.supernews.com>):

> Does anyone have any solution for me? My clients need to share a central
> contact list for their company and they need to see those contacts on their
> PocketPC devices.

Take a look at Pocket On-Schedule from
http://www.odysseyinc.com. It offers public folder
synchronization, and a PIM replacement in one.

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

While this is an interesting product, I do not want to replace the PIM. My
clients all use Server ActiveSync so when they can sync while travelling,
but they do not get the company contacts. My Blackberry user sync to public
contacts wirelessly. Is there a way for the MS device to do this?

<Marlof Bregonje>; "MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"

!