cant access others computer anymore

July 22, 2004 11:36:10 PM

I have been using RealVNC (www.realvnc.com) to connect remotely to other's
computer, mostly family members and friends, to help them with computer's
issues but I am having a problem now. This solution works with almost all of
them since they have ADSL connections with just an ADSL modem plugged into
to the network or USB port but some of my friends are switching to wireless
solutions for its freedom of mobility and no wires between their legs.

When implementing a wireless solution you usually buy an ADSL
MODEM/ROUTER/AP at 11mbps or 54mbps (now even 108mbps) as well as a PCI, USB
or PCMCIA wireless card to receive the signal. The problem is this
fuc.....Router which come with a built in firewall and because of that you
get kicked out.

The little VNC icon on the taskbar gives me the following IPs: 192.168.1.2,
192.168.1.8 (when I position the mouse over it) but when I go to for example
www.whatismyip.com I get the following one 217.136.75.225

I have even configured RealVNC to use port 21 as well as 25 since I know
those ports should be opened but I get kicked out every time by the other
computer with a message that says the connection have been closed by the
server or something like that.

I hate that! Is there a way I can keep accessing my friend's computers? if
not then in the near future when everybody will have their little wireless
equipment at home I wont be able to do anything at all!!! to help them.

Sincerely

Laurent Abadie
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 7:03:05 AM

Hi Laurent,

I have answered your post in the newsgourp
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE