MB is Dead. Help!

I downloaded the Windows BIOS update utility (AsusUpdate V6.02.01) to
update my bios version from 1009 to 1010 beta version.
The utility erase ROM, then Flash ROM successefully, but when
verifying ROM it reaches 1% and then it displays message: "Fail to
verify EEPROM with new BIOS image. Please press button to try
again or [EXIT] to abort".
I know that the minute I shutdown Windows I won't be able to reboot my
PC. How can I fix the problem?

Thank you very much.
Nidhal.
MB is: A7V133

NZ wrote:
> I downloaded the Windows BIOS update utility (AsusUpdate V6.02.01) to
> update my bios version from 1009 to 1010 beta version.
> The utility erase ROM, then Flash ROM successefully, but when
> verifying ROM it reaches 1% and then it displays message: "Fail to
> verify EEPROM with new BIOS image. Please press button to try
> again or [EXIT] to abort".
> I know that the minute I shutdown Windows I won't be able to reboot my
> PC. How can I fix the problem?

Press

If it still fails to verify, then there's not much you can do other than
hope it has flashed ok and that it just can't verify.

Ben

karl

NZ wrote:

> I downloaded the Windows BIOS update utility (AsusUpdate V6.02.01) to
> update my bios version from 1009 to 1010 beta version.
> The utility erase ROM, then Flash ROM successefully, but when
> verifying ROM it reaches 1% and then it displays message: "Fail to
> verify EEPROM with new BIOS image. Please press button to try
> again or [EXIT] to abort".
> I know that the minute I shutdown Windows I won't be able to reboot my
> PC. How can I fix the problem?
>
> Thank you very much.
> Nidhal.
> MB is: A7V133

Well if the machine is still running you may be able to flash from the
command line. After a few sucessful BIOS upgrades using the Asus windows
utility I had exactly the same problem. I bit the bullet and had to reboot
but the BIOS boot block was trashed.

That utility is now off my system and I doubt I'll ever trust it again. If
you are screwed you should be able to get a new BIOS chip direct from Asus,
I had to replace mine and at least they didn't charge much for it (£5 in
the UK including postage).

With utilities like this, I suspect I won't be removing my floppy drive and
dos boot disks anytime soon.

Karl

Karl