firewire and Asus P4c800-e de luxe

The mother board does not reckognize a IEE1394 link on several devices (a :
archos hard disk which is a kind of MP3, video player device, or b : a
digital videocamera) while the controller is enabled looking at the bios
parameters. I use Windows XP.
Has anyone an idea to make this stuff work ? USB links on the contrary are
working pretty well
Thks a lot for any advice,

Laurent

Rich

laurent runacher wrote:
> The mother board does not reckognize a IEE1394 link on several devices (a :
> archos hard disk which is a kind of MP3, video player device, or b : a
> digital videocamera) while the controller is enabled looking at the bios
> parameters. I use Windows XP.
> Has anyone an idea to make this stuff work ? USB links on the contrary are
> working pretty well
> Thks a lot for any advice,
>
> Laurent

Check windows device manager. Is it listed? Maybe the driver has not
been installed.

Dano

The firewire on the P4C800-E-Dlx is junk. It only partially works on my
system as well. If you look back through old posts via groups.google.com,
you'll see numerous issues with firewire and this motherboard.

Save yourself a huge headache and get an add-in PCI firewire card, or a
Creative Labs Audigy Sound Card with a built-in firewire port. Both
solutions have worked without any issues on my P4C800-E-Dlx.

DanO