partition 2nd HDD

I have fitted a second HDD to my PC.
When I go into device manager it shows the HDD as working
but when I go into My Computer the HDD does not show up.
I have been told that it wont show up until it has been
partitioned using FDISK which I have been told is in the
XP programming on my PC, but every time I try to run FDISK
my PC keeps telling me that it cant find it.
Can I download FDISK or is there another program within
XP that will allow partitioning of a 2nd HDD.
Ty for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about partition

    FDISK is for a DOS environment. You can get it from a Windows 98
    Bootdisk, but that is NOT recommended.

    Here is what you need to do:

    Right Click on My Computer, click Manage, click Disk Management, right
    click on the new drive and create a primary partition (you can do full
    size of the harddrive). Now right click and format it with NTFS. Now
    right click and make sure it has a drive letter assigned. Now reboot
    and see if it is working ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Pete wrote:
    > I have fitted a second HDD to my PC.
    > When I go into device manager it shows the HDD as working
    > but when I go into My Computer the HDD does not show up.
    > I have been told that it wont show up until it has been
    > partitioned using FDISK which I have been told is in the
    > XP programming on my PC, but every time I try to run FDISK
    > my PC keeps telling me that it cant find it.
    > Can I download FDISK or is there another program within
    > XP that will allow partitioning of a 2nd HDD.
    > Ty for any help.

Partition Hard Drives Windows XP