Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

I have fitted a second HDD to my PC.
When I go into device manager it shows the HDD as working
but when I go into My Computer the HDD does not show up.
I have been told that it wont show up until it has been
partitioned using FDISK which I have been told is in the
XP programming on my PC, but every time I try to run FDISK
my PC keeps telling me that it cant find it.
Can I download FDISK or is there another program within
XP that will allow partitioning of a 2nd HDD.
Ty for any help.

FDISK is for a DOS environment. You can get it from a Windows 98
Bootdisk, but that is NOT recommended.

Here is what you need to do:

Right Click on My Computer, click Manage, click Disk Management, right
click on the new drive and create a primary partition (you can do full
size of the harddrive). Now right click and format it with NTFS. Now
right click and make sure it has a drive letter assigned. Now reboot
and see if it is working ;)

----
Nathan McNulty