Hi
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the size gap between the edge of the
P5AD2 and the compartmental seperator (between the mobo area and the PSU
area) in a Lian-Li PCV-2000 case. I would like to be able to shoe-horn a
Zalman CU7700 cooler in there. I have not been able to determine from
pictures alone if there will be enough room as the cooler over hangs the
mobo by 14.5mm.
I hope someone can help
Cheers
Rik

Paul

Splendid

In article <crb7vg$503$1@hercules.btinternet.com>,
rikgale@DIESPAMMERSCUMDIEhotmail.com wrote:

> Hi
> I was wondering if anyone could tell me the size gap between the edge of the
> P5AD2 and the compartmental seperator (between the mobo area and the PSU
> area) in a Lian-Li PCV-2000 case. I would like to be able to shoe-horn a
> Zalman CU7700 cooler in there. I have not been able to determine from
> pictures alone if there will be enough room as the cooler over hangs the
> mobo by 14.5mm.
> I hope someone can help
> Cheers
> Rik

Try looking at this review of the PCV-2000.

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cases/lian_li/pcv2000/index.htm

I'm having a little trouble understanding the layout of the
PCV-2000. It looks like it reverses the layout of a normal
ATX case. The motherboard mounts in the upper right hand
corner, and the PSU is in the lower right hand corner, in its
own compartment. Since the motherboard is now upside-down, and
the CPU is located close to the aluminum divider between the PSU
and motherboard compartment, it looks like cooling options are
limited.

This is the best picture I can find. The edge of the motherboard
looks to be less than 14.5mm from the aluminum divider. It is
really hard to tell, with the web site logo overlaying the
corner of the picture.

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cases/lian_li/pcv2000/images/board1.jpg

If you work the dimensions, the radius of the 7700 is 136/2=68mm
while the 7000 is something like 55mm. The overhang on the 7700 is
14.5mm, and the 7000 would be 13mm less than that, or only 1.5mm .
It is more likely the 7000 would work, but you'll need this kit to
adapt a 7000 to fit an LGA775 socket.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-219&depa=0

HTH,
Paul

On 5-Jan-2005, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

> > Hi
> > I was wondering if anyone could tell me the size gap between the edge of
> > the
> > P5AD2 and the compartmental seperator (between the mobo area and the PSU
> > area) in a Lian-Li PCV-2000 case. I would like to be able to shoe-horn a
> > Zalman CU7700 cooler in there. I have not been able to determine from
> > pictures alone if there will be enough room as the cooler over hangs the
> > mobo by 14.5mm.
> > I hope someone can help
> > Cheers
> > Rik
>
> Try looking at this review of the PCV-2000.
>
> http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cases/lian_li/pcv2000/index.htm
>
> I'm having a little trouble understanding the layout of the
> PCV-2000. It looks like it reverses the layout of a normal
> ATX case. The motherboard mounts in the upper right hand
> corner, and the PSU is in the lower right hand corner, in its
> own compartment. Since the motherboard is now upside-down, and
> the CPU is located close to the aluminum divider between the PSU
> and motherboard compartment, it looks like cooling options are
> limited.
>
> This is the best picture I can find. The edge of the motherboard
> looks to be less than 14.5mm from the aluminum divider. It is
> really hard to tell, with the web site logo overlaying the
> corner of the picture.
>
> http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cases/lian_li/pcv2000/images/board1.jpg
>
> If you work the dimensions, the radius of the 7700 is 136/2=68mm
> while the 7000 is something like 55mm. The overhang on the 7700 is
> 14.5mm, and the 7000 would be 13mm less than that, or only 1.5mm .
> It is more likely the 7000 would work, but you'll need this kit to
> adapt a 7000 to fit an LGA775 socket.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-219&depa=0
>
> HTH,
> Paul

Thanx Paul

That was one of the pictures that I was looking at while trying to get an
idea of the distance. I have the smaller brother of the PCV2000, the PCV1000
and the 7000 only just fits in with less than a mil to spare. I suppose I
could get into case modding, but I'd rather not on a 200 quid case.
One thing that you did bring up of interest is the adpater kit for the 7000
on the LGA775, I had not come across one of those in my travels. All I have
to do is find a UK suplier.

Thanx for the info

Rik