QSI DVD ROM SDR-083

Recently, this has got a mind of it's own. Mainly the
problems are:

Won't play DVDs (using Power DVD etc)
Won't eject disc
Won't reconise disc
Disc/autoplay starts without prompt

As this is apparently run using a microsoft driver within
XP I thought I would post this here.
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Apparently, the QSI DVD-ROM/CDRW SDR-083 is a notebook drive.
    Contact the manufacturer of your notebook for support assistance. It is
    doubtful your issues are related to Windows XP.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Richard" <richarddavey99@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message:

    | Recently, this has got a mind of it's own. Mainly the
    | problems are:
    |
    | Won't play DVDs (using Power DVD etc)
    | Won't eject disc
    | Won't reconise disc
    | Disc/autoplay starts without prompt
    |
    | As this is apparently run using a microsoft driver within
    | XP I thought I would post this here.

    First off, try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

    Second, have you tried uninstalling all software related to your
    DVD\CDRW drive, then remove it from hardware manager, then reboot?

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    > Apparently, the QSI DVD-ROM/CDRW SDR-083 is a notebook drive.
    > Contact the manufacturer of your notebook for support assistance. It is
    > doubtful your issues are related to Windows XP.

Microsoft DVD Drives Windows XP