ATI Radeon 9600SE Driver install

I have never said I was very bright, but I have been able to install
video drivers many, many times before over the years.
I am completing an A7N8X system build. Fairly simple setup

Specs***
Win200 SP4
Antec case w/350SL ps
A7N8X
AMD 2800+ Barton @ 333
ATI Radaon 9600SE
512 Crucial 2700
Lite-on CD/DVD combo
WD 80 GB HD
*****

I have installed the nForce drivers for the mainboard and the ATI
Software. When I boot up, Win2000 indicates "found hardware....". I
select select "have disk", however no driver is found on the cd. In
Device Manager there is a section Other Hardware with question marks.
No entry for Display Adapeter.

ATI Site is no help either.

Why have I made this so difficult?
Thanks for your help,
PeteH

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

In article <4doit05gctuf01i4ejeniu2c2cp3ej28fq@4ax.com>,
petehill@bellsouth.net says...
> I have never said I was very bright, but I have been able to install
> video drivers many, many times before over the years.
> I am completing an A7N8X system build. Fairly simple setup
>
> Specs***
> Win200 SP4
> Antec case w/350SL ps
> A7N8X
> AMD 2800+ Barton @ 333
> ATI Radaon 9600SE
> 512 Crucial 2700
> Lite-on CD/DVD combo
> WD 80 GB HD
> *****
>
> I have installed the nForce drivers for the mainboard and the ATI
> Software. When I boot up, Win2000 indicates "found hardware....". I
> select select "have disk", however no driver is found on the cd. In
> Device Manager there is a section Other Hardware with question marks.
> No entry for Display Adapeter.
>
> ATI Site is no help either.
>
> Why have I made this so difficult?
> Thanks for your help,
> PeteH

Pete, there should be a setup.exe file on the disk. Rathe rthan do that
though I would download the latest drivers from the ATI web site. Tell
windows to ignore the new hardware and then run the setup file from the
new driver install. This will solve your problem.

"Peter M. Hill" wrote:

> I have never said I was very bright, but I have been able to install
> video drivers many, many times before over the years.
> I am completing an A7N8X system build. Fairly simple setup
>
> Specs***
> Win200 SP4
> Antec case w/350SL ps
> A7N8X
> AMD 2800+ Barton @ 333
> ATI Radaon 9600SE
> 512 Crucial 2700
> Lite-on CD/DVD combo
> WD 80 GB HD
> *****
>
> I have installed the nForce drivers for the mainboard and the ATI
> Software. When I boot up, Win2000 indicates "found hardware....". I
> select select "have disk", however no driver is found on the cd. In
> Device Manager there is a section Other Hardware with question marks.
> No entry for Display Adapeter.
>
> ATI Site is no help either.
>
> Why have I made this so difficult?
> Thanks for your help,
> PeteH

so what drivers is it looking for? video? audio? lan? ???
look in device manager and see what devices are loaded with the
correct/latest drivers, this will help you narrow down the devices that
havent been installed.

Did you try pointing the driver dialogue to the folder where you expanded
the ATI drivers to? typically c:\ati\support.....you may have to punch
down through the folders to find the correct .ini

As far as your video drivers.. did you download the latest W2K drivers
from ATI and install them yet? you mentioned ATI software, do you mean
drivers?

http://ati.com/support/drivers/win2k/radeonwdm-2k.html?type=2k&prodType=graphic&prod=products2kdriver&submit.x=11&submit.y=5

It mentions SP4 needs to be installed.

Gordon

milleron

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:15:10 -0500, John <john@nospam.com> wrote:

>In article <4doit05gctuf01i4ejeniu2c2cp3ej28fq@4ax.com>,
>petehill@bellsouth.net says...
>> I have never said I was very bright, but I have been able to install
>> video drivers many, many times before over the years.
>> I am completing an A7N8X system build. Fairly simple setup
>>
>> Specs***
>> Win200 SP4
>> Antec case w/350SL ps
>> A7N8X
>> AMD 2800+ Barton @ 333
>> ATI Radaon 9600SE
>> 512 Crucial 2700
>> Lite-on CD/DVD combo
>> WD 80 GB HD
>> *****
>>
>> I have installed the nForce drivers for the mainboard and the ATI
>> Software. When I boot up, Win2000 indicates "found hardware....". I
>> select select "have disk", however no driver is found on the cd. In
>> Device Manager there is a section Other Hardware with question marks.
>> No entry for Display Adapeter.
>>
>> ATI Site is no help either.
>>
>> Why have I made this so difficult?
>> Thanks for your help,
>> PeteH
>>

>Pete, there should be a setup.exe file on the disk. Rathe rthan do that
>though I would download the latest drivers from the ATI web site. Tell
>windows to ignore the new hardware and then run the setup file from the
>new driver install. This will solve your problem.

That's a puzzlement. I had Catalyst 4.9 drivers installed on my
system. Today, I cannot open up the Catalyst Control Center. It says
that there is no ATI driver installed or that it's no functioning
properly. So I went to ATI and found that the Radeon-series driver
they're currently offering for download is 4.12. We've been through
everything from 4.2 to 4.9 over the last year. Why is ATI now back to
4.12. I realize it's WQHL certified, but why the confusing switch in
numbering? Is 4.12 really an upgrade from 4.9??

Ron

peter

The last time I counted 12 was a higher number than 9
peter
"Milleron" <millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu> wrote in message
> [...]

>> 512 Crucial 2700
>> Lite-on CD/DVD combo
>> WD 80 GB HD
>> *****
>>
>> I have installed the nForce drivers for the mainboard and the ATI
>> Software. When I boot up, Win2000 indicates "found hardware....". I
>> select select "have disk", however no driver is found on the cd. In
>> Device Manager there is a section Other Hardware with question marks.
>> No entry for Display Adapeter.
>>
>> ATI Site is no help either.
>>
>> Why have I made this so difficult?
>> Thanks for your help,
>> PeteH
>>

>Pete, there should be a setup.exe file on the disk. Rathe rthan do that
>though I would download the latest drivers from the ATI web site. Tell
>windows to ignore the new hardware and then run the setup file from the
>new driver install. This will solve your problem.

Thanks, John. Downloading from ATi orked. The drivers come as part of
a 22 mb download and you need to be sure that all MS-updates have been
applied. The ATI Software requires Microsoft.net Framework( whatever
that is). Comes as part of the updates.

Everything seems to be working now.
Thanks again,
PeterH

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:23:37 GMT, Gordon Scott
<gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:

>"Peter M. Hill" wrote:
>>
>> I have never said I was very bright, but I have been able to install
>> video drivers many, many times before over the years.
>> I am completing an A7N8X system build. Fairly simple setup
>>
>> Specs***
>> Win200 SP4
>> Antec case w/350SL ps
>> A7N8X
>> AMD 2800+ Barton @ 333
>> ATI Radaon 9600SE
>> 512 Crucial 2700
>> Lite-on CD/DVD combo
>> WD 80 GB HD
>> *****
>>
>> I have installed the nForce drivers for the mainboard and the ATI
>> Software. When I boot up, Win2000 indicates "found hardware....". I
>> select select "have disk", however no driver is found on the cd. In
>> Device Manager there is a section Other Hardware with question marks.
>> No entry for Display Adapeter.
>>
>> ATI Site is no help either.
>>
>> Why have I made this so difficult?
>> Thanks for your help,
>> PeteH
>
>so what drivers is it looking for? video? audio? lan? ???
Video

>look in device manager and see what devices are loaded with the
>correct/latest drivers, this will help you narrow down the devices that
>havent been installed.
>
>Did you try pointing the driver dialogue to the folder where you expanded
>the ATI drivers to? typically c:\ati\support.....you may have to punch
>down through the folders to find the correct .ini
I tried that and I fould the correct .ini but the system couldn't find
the associated driver

>As far as your video drivers.. did you download the latest W2K drivers
>from ATI and install them yet? you mentioned ATI software, do you mean
>drivers?
>
>http://ati.com/support/drivers/win2k/radeonwdm-2k.html?type=2k&prodType=graphic&prod=products2kdriver&submit.x=11&submit.y=5
>
>It mentions SP4 needs to be installed.
SP4 was installed. Appears to need Microsoft.net Framework to operate
properly.

>Gordon

I got the download from the above link and driver is now installed.

Thanks for the help.
PeteH

"Peter M. Hill" wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:23:37 GMT, Gordon Scott
> <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:
>
> >"Peter M. Hill" wrote:
> >>
> >> I have never said I was very bright, but I have been able to install
> >> video drivers many, many times before over the years.
> >> I am completing an A7N8X system build. Fairly simple setup
> >>
> >> Specs***
> >> Win200 SP4
> >> Antec case w/350SL ps
> >> A7N8X
> >> AMD 2800+ Barton @ 333
> >> ATI Radaon 9600SE
> >> 512 Crucial 2700
> >> Lite-on CD/DVD combo
> >> WD 80 GB HD
> >> *****
> >>
> >> I have installed the nForce drivers for the mainboard and the ATI
> >> Software. When I boot up, Win2000 indicates "found hardware....". I
> >> select select "have disk", however no driver is found on the cd. In
> >> Device Manager there is a section Other Hardware with question marks.
> >> No entry for Display Adapeter.
> >>
> >> ATI Site is no help either.
> >>
> >> Why have I made this so difficult?
> >> Thanks for your help,
> >> PeteH
> >
> >so what drivers is it looking for? video? audio? lan? ???
> Video
>
> >look in device manager and see what devices are loaded with the
> >correct/latest drivers, this will help you narrow down the devices that
> >havent been installed.
> >
> >Did you try pointing the driver dialogue to the folder where you expanded
> >the ATI drivers to? typically c:\ati\support.....you may have to punch
> >down through the folders to find the correct .ini
> I tried that and I fould the correct .ini but the system couldn't find
> the associated driver
> >
> >As far as your video drivers.. did you download the latest W2K drivers
> >from ATI and install them yet? you mentioned ATI software, do you mean
> >drivers?
> >
> >http://ati.com/support/drivers/win2k/radeonwdm-2k.html?type=2k&prodType=graphic&prod=products2kdriver&submit.x=11&submit.y=5
> >
> >It mentions SP4 needs to be installed.
> SP4 was installed. Appears to need Microsoft.net Framework to operate
> properly.
>

> >Gordon
>
> I got the download from the above link and driver is now installed.
>
> Thanks for the help.
> PeteH

the .net is needed for the catalyst control panel, which is a hunk of
junk at this time, suggest you uninstall it and use omegas drivers.
www.omegadrivers.net