A7N8X-E Deluxe - Return from S3 problem

Hi,

I have a problem with S3 on my A7N8XE-Deluxe, it has worked fine since
I bought this mobo last month. But now, for an unknown reason I can't
come back from this state.
The power goes on, CDRoms leds flash as usual when restarting from this
mode but the srceen remains black and the power led keep flashing like
when in suspend. If I press the reset switch, the system restarts but
the power led keeps flkashing. I have to stop the PSU for a normal
startup.

Bios 1013 flashed saturday from 1012. I can't remember exactly if it
has worked with this BIOS but I think that it may be one of the first
thing I'd tested after flash, so I assume it should had worked with
1013.

Any Idea ?

XP2400 - GF5700 - 1Go PC3200 Samsung

--
Alni
2 answers Last reply

    Thus spake Alni:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with S3 on my A7N8XE-Deluxe, it has worked fine since
    > I bought this mobo last month. But now, for an unknown reason I can't
    > come back from this state.
    > The power goes on, CDRoms leds flash as usual when restarting from
    > this mode but the srceen remains black and the power led keep
    > flashing like when in suspend. If I press the reset switch, the
    > system restarts but the power led keeps flkashing. I have to stop the
    > PSU for a normal startup.
    >
    > Bios 1013 flashed saturday from 1012. I can't remember exactly if it
    > has worked with this BIOS but I think that it may be one of the first
    > thing I'd tested after flash, so I assume it should had worked with
    > 1013.

    You beat me by one day, I updated mine Sunday. I didn't bother resetting
    CMOS but checked the settings before rebooting to XP. S3 still works as
    expected. I would reset the bios to defaults & re-enter the previous
    settings, double-checking ACPI S3 is on, otherwise you can loose S3 (fans
    keep running) & no amount of reinstalling will bring it back. I would not be
    surprised if it was a RAM issue with timings (I set mine too aggressively &
    had identical symptoms).

    These sites may help:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    You don't state your OS, so you'll have to Google for non-XP fixes. If still
    stumped, consider re-flashing back to 1012. I did suffer this problem with
    my previous A7V266-E until a bios update fixed it but it only happened
    occasionally & I got around it by setting the main On/Off button to
    Hibernate - the video always came back.

    Bonjour,

    Paul Busby avait énoncé :
    > You beat me by one day, I updated mine Sunday. I didn't bother resetting CMOS
    > but checked the settings before rebooting to XP. S3 still works as expected.
    > I would reset the bios to defaults & re-enter the previous settings,
    > double-checking ACPI S3 is on, otherwise you can loose S3 (fans keep running)
    > & no amount of reinstalling will bring it back. I would not be surprised if
    > it was a RAM issue with timings (I set mine too aggressively & had identical
    > symptoms).

    In the meantime, I've rechecked my BIOS settings and changed some that
    I probably changed in the weekend (some testing... :).
    It works again after the followings changes.
    There are at least 3 possibilities (I remember):
    -Changed RAM timings 11-4-4-2.5 back to "optimal" (had read somwhere
    that A7N8X-E gives better résults with 11.
    -Changed Video first "AGP" back to "PCI"
    -Changed USB keyboard support to disabled (I've a PS2)

    Of course just after resetting the CMOS to default values, I've set S3
    to enabled before reenter XP.

    Thanks for reply

    --
    Alni