TUSL2-C PS/2 problem

I have got a TUSL2-C motherboard, and something has gone horribly wrong
with the PS/2 ports. Initially, unless I had a PS/2 keyboard plugged
in, I would be confronted with continuous and neverending beeping
immediately after POST, accompanied by very slow text drawing with the
whole system grinding to a halt after the second boot screen. Even when
a PS/2 keyboard was plugged in it would not work so I'd need a USB
keyboard connected also.

Now, however, even having a PS/2 keyboard connected is not sufficient:
the beeping and eventual halt occurs regardless.

Has anyone encountered anything like this? Suggestions for a fix or
work around?

On 3 Jan 2005 18:57:24 -0800, "Jason Le Vaillant-Coats"
<jasonlvc@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have got a TUSL2-C motherboard, and something has gone horribly wrong
>with the PS/2 ports. Initially, unless I had a PS/2 keyboard plugged
>in, I would be confronted with continuous and neverending beeping
>immediately after POST, accompanied by very slow text drawing with the
>whole system grinding to a halt after the second boot screen. Even when
>a PS/2 keyboard was plugged in it would not work so I'd need a USB
>keyboard connected also.
>
>Now, however, even having a PS/2 keyboard connected is not sufficient:
>the beeping and eventual halt occurs regardless.
>
>Has anyone encountered anything like this? Suggestions for a fix or
>work around?

In bios under Power Section:

- select no wake-up on keyboard and other things like modem

- maybe choose S1 (and not S3 that is suspend to ram)

On first page of bios where the date is:

- deselect Halt on all errors to give that a try

I have seen on other asus boards that the fuses in PS/2 section are
very quick. Normally it is prohibited to disconnect a PS/2 device when
power is on PSU, since ATX has the ability to wake-up, and it has
always power on these devices. By disconnecting live You might burn
the fuses, - especially on an Asus board.
So: safe procedure is: remove power from ATX PSU and wait half a
minute: then disconnect keyboard or mouse.

best regards

John