When Should I Upgrade My Bios Asus P4p800E-Deluxe

I currently have Bios 1002 and a Pentium 3.0E Prescott. I was considering a
bios upgrade via the Asus update tool. I do have a couple of questions
however. 1st. Is there any reason to update given that things are working
fine? 2nd. When I look at the choices for internet update via Asus update I
only see bios updates at the Dutch url and nothing at ftp.asus.com. Is that
a problem? 3rd. Do I have to update individually each update or can I just
go to the latest and skip the couple since 1002? Last question. Can anyone
tell me what changes may be of use to me in the latest bios? Thanks for your
help!

hmm, I disagree with the previous poster regarding updating your bios in
this case.
the prescott core cpu which you have isn't properly identified with your
present version of bios so in this case updating in this case can be
justified. also the latest version adds a few enhacements

"Tiny Lund" <luxuryman2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I currently have Bios 1002 and a Pentium 3.0E Prescott. I was considering a
>bios upgrade via the Asus update tool. I do have a couple of questions
>however. 1st. Is there any reason to update given that things are working
>fine? 2nd. When I look at the choices for internet update via Asus update I
>only see bios updates at the Dutch url and nothing at ftp.asus.com. Is that
>a problem? 3rd. Do I have to update individually each update or can I just
>go to the latest and skip the couple since 1002? Last question. Can anyone
>tell me what changes may be of use to me in the latest bios? Thanks for
>your help!

If it ain't broken don't fix it. You can buy a new updated bios for about
$25 US. If your feeling lucky go ahead just have plan "B" ready.

"Ayoub" <she1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hmm, I disagree with the previous poster regarding updating your bios in
> this case.
> the prescott core cpu which you have isn't properly identified with your
> present version of bios so in this case updating in this case can be
> justified. also the latest version adds a few enhacements
>
> "Tiny Lund" <luxuryman2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I currently have Bios 1002 and a Pentium 3.0E Prescott. I was considering
> >bios upgrade via the Asus update tool. I do have a couple of questions
> >however. 1st. Is there any reason to update given that things are working
> >fine? 2nd. When I look at the choices for internet update via Asus update
> >only see bios updates at the Dutch url and nothing at ftp.asus.com. Is
that
> >a problem? 3rd. Do I have to update individually each update or can I
just
> >go to the latest and skip the couple since 1002? Last question. Can
anyone
> >tell me what changes may be of use to me in the latest bios? Thanks for
> >your help!

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

If your system is running fine then don't upgrade the bios.
Do not use the Asus Update utility - you are inviting disaster.
Normally you can skip straight to the most recent bios.
The .de site often leads the .tw site with new updates.
Changes are not documented. The attitude seems to be that unless you are
having a problem, don't update. If the update works then that is what you
are concerned about. Perhaps detailing changes would encourage unnecessary
updates ==> more dead mobo's, so they don't.
- Tim