XP home edition - boots halfway and dies

I was configuring Ms Config and apparently unchecked the
start-up button when customizing it. I rebooted the
machine but it never booted up completely - keeps on
getting stuck in a cycle. I get an error window named
lsass.exe that says " When trying to update a password the
return status indicates that the value provided is not the
corretc password"

I tried all the troubleshooting using F8 but nothing
works. I do not want to loose my files witha restore.

What Can I do??

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode? You may need to try a repair install.

----
Nathan McNulty