P2B-B max hard drive

I have the 1011 bios. If I get a WD 120 GB hard drive, will the bios
recognize it? I want to just clone it with W2K OS I have on the current 30
GB drive. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did an unsuccessful
search.

kazikmazik wrote:
> I have the 1011 bios. If I get a WD 120 GB hard drive, will the bios
> recognize it? I want to just clone it with W2K OS I have on the current 30
> GB drive. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did an unsuccessful
> search.

No - IIRC 1011 was limited to 32GB drives. You'll need the latest BIOS
before your board will recognise the full capacity of a 120GB drive:

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Slot_I/INTEL_Chipset/i440BX/P2B-B/1014b_03.zip

P2B

http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod

Thanks. I see that the file unzips with a .003 extension. Does that need a
special flasher program? Can I just rename it to .awd and use aflash221?

kazikmazik wrote:
> Thanks. I see that the file unzips with a .003 extension. Does that need a
> special flasher program? Can I just rename it to .awd and use aflash221?

No need to rename it, aflash will accept any file name you type - but
will not let you proceed until it has read and successfully validated
the file.

I use a .6B4 extension for my custom P2B BIOSes, aflash doesn't care :)

P2B