Canon S820 probs - again

mutley

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2003

After printing perfectly for several months my S820 has screwed up again: it
suddenly started printing what appears as a double image, particularly
noticeable on plain black areas as very faint white lines spaced very
closely. I thought I had fixed it but it has recurred.

Any suggestions (other than dumping the printer, it's less than two years
old)

All the print head alignment test blocks have similar faint lines so
adjusting for the best solid blocks doesn't really work. Canon UK suggest a
new print head -- which seems to cost more than a new printer!

--
Any help TIA
Please reply to Newsgroup

mutley wrote:
> After printing perfectly for several months my S820 has screwed up
> again: it suddenly started printing what appears as a double image,
> particularly noticeable on plain black areas as very faint white
> lines spaced very closely. I thought I had fixed it but it has
> recurred.
>
> Any suggestions (other than dumping the printer, it's less than two
> years old)
>
> All the print head alignment test blocks have similar faint lines so
> adjusting for the best solid blocks doesn't really work. Canon UK
> suggest a new print head -- which seems to cost more than a new
> printer!

Two years is about average for an 'S' series head. I'd recommend picking up
a new unit - there are some deals to be found (if you know where to look) on
the i860 (probably due to the launch of the i990).

mutley

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2003

Cerridwen wrote (in answer to my Q)
[snip]>
> Two years is about average for an 'S' series head. I'd recommend picking
up
> a new unit - there are some deals to be found (if you know where to look)
on
> the i860 (probably due to the launch of the i990).

Two years life out of a GBP270 printer is not acceptable in my view. Are
there any printer manufacturers whose heads last longer? I'd say 5 years +
is about acceptable.
mutley