WAP-PSK on a DI-614+

I have a DI-614+ and Windows Xp Pro I find when using WAP-PSK Mode I't some
times don't get a connection on startup. and I have to use the repair
button.. Why Is this ?

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:11:07 -0800, Owzone <Owzone@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a DI-614+ and Windows Xp Pro I find when using WAP-PSK Mode I't some
>times don't get a connection on startup. and I have to use the repair
>button.. Why Is this ?

Should that maybe be "WPA-PSK"?

Did this problem not exist without WPA-PSK?

What specific state is the computer before startup. Powered off? Disconnected?
Hibernating?

When this problem occurs, open a command windows(Start - Run - "cmd") (less the
""), and type in two commands (again, less the ""):
"ipconfig /release"
"ipconfig / renew"

--
Cheers,
Chuck

Sorry about that, it is a WPA-PSK. And no it works fine without WPA-PSK.
From a power off state and some time when some users log in.

I have to use the repair button in the network setting.

If you wish you can use my Email.
mark@owzone.org

or maybe Windows Messenger same Email address as above..

Cheers Mark

"Chuck" wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:11:07 -0800, Owzone <Owzone@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have a DI-614+ and Windows Xp Pro I find when using WAP-PSK Mode I't some
> >times don't get a connection on startup. and I have to use the repair
> >button.. Why Is this ?
>
> Should that maybe be "WPA-PSK"?
>
> Did this problem not exist without WPA-PSK?
>
> What specific state is the computer before startup. Powered off? Disconnected?
> Hibernating?
>
> When this problem occurs, open a command windows(Start - Run - "cmd") (less the
> ""), and type in two commands (again, less the ""):
> "ipconfig /release"
> "ipconfig / renew"
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Chuck
> Paranoia comes from experience - and is not necessarily a bad thing.
> My email is AT DOT
> actual address pchuck sonic net.

jeff

Do you the AP and PSK setup as a Preferred Network?