Sign in with
Your question

Delete grafics out of photo files.

Last response: in Windows 7
January 24, 2011 1:03:39 PM

I should only have 86 photos but there are a total of over 7,000. Most are grafics and I did not download them. How do I delete or put the grafics someplace else??
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2011 1:49:59 PM

Hello nanabearkathye;
Do you have a photo management program you're already using?
Are you comfortable with using Windows File Explorer?
Are the photos and graphics stored in the same folder?

m
l
a c 354 $ Windows 7
January 24, 2011 2:51:51 PM

What exactly are you looking at when you say you have over 7,000 graphics? What are you using to view this, list the locations of the files.

You could be looking at icons or other program images or temp files from the internet. Don't try to mess with changing default locations for these files, chances are you will just mess up your computer.
m
l
Related resources
a c 209 $ Windows 7
January 24, 2011 3:41:21 PM

I suspect that you're looking at the files in your "Temporary Internet Files" folder. The way to delete those is to delete your Internet Explorer (or other browser) cache.

For Internet Explorer:

- Click "Tools" --> "Internet Options"

- Click the "General" tab

- Under "Browsing History", click the "Delete..." button

- Make sure the "Temporary Internet Files" item is checked and click the "Delete" button.
m
l
February 4, 2011 4:11:51 PM

72775,2,54640 said:
Hello nanabearkathye;
Do you have a photo management program you're already using?
Are you comfortable with using Windows File Explorer?
Ar e the photos and graphics stored in the same folder?[/quotem I have HP Smartphoto Essencial3.5Ink that has allthis stuff on it and it didn,t until I was putting my Christmas photos in and now all this other stuff is mixed into the photos and I need help to delete. Can I just delete all and the import photos back? I also have Picasa 3 but there are many sizes to print in HP. What can I do?
m
l
February 4, 2011 4:12:46 PM

sminlal said:
I suspect that you're looking at the files in your "Temporary Internet Files" folder. The way to delete those is to delete your Internet Explorer (or other browser) cache.

For Internet Explorer:

- Click "Tools" --> "Internet Options"

- Click the "General" tab

- Under "Browsing History", click the "Delete..." button

- Make sure the "Temporary Internet Files" item is checked and click the "Delete" button.

This did't work. Thanks
m
l
a c 354 $ Windows 7
February 4, 2011 4:16:50 PM

You need to look at what the files are and where they are stored before you start deleting things. Therea re tons of image files that Windows and programs use, and if you did an index of the full drive, you will pick up all of them.

What are you using to view the pictures? If it's Picassa, just go into the settings, and change it to only search in My Documents for your pictures.
m
l
February 4, 2011 4:36:17 PM

The photos in Picassa are fine. The photos in HP Photosmart Essential is where all the trouble is. After I put my Christmas pictures in things were fine it was when I wanted to print the photos all this stuff was mixed in with the photos. Can I just delete all and start over? If so how do you delete out all?
m
l
a c 354 $ Windows 7
February 4, 2011 4:39:12 PM

I don't use the HP software, but it probaly has the same options to index, just check the settings and find where it lists where it looks for pictures.
m
l
!