keyboard stops working

Hi,

I have a new PC running XP with an old PS2 keyboard.

I leave the machine switched on all the time. Sometimes (less than once a
week) when I go to start using it in the morning, the keyboard does not
respond - no response from the num lock light or anything. If I shutdown and
restart the PC everything is OK

I used the same keyboard with my previous PC and never had this problem.

Any ideas welcome

Andy

Might try a new driver
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
The Keyboard and Mouse Do Not Work When You Resume from Standby
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818383&Product=winxp
The USB Keyboard Does Not Work After Your Resume Your Computer from Standby or
Suspend
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315502&Product=winxp
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Might try a new driver
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
> The Keyboard and Mouse Do Not Work When You Resume from Standby

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818383&Product=winxp
> The USB Keyboard Does Not Work After Your Resume Your Computer from
Standby or
> Suspend

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315502&Product=winxp

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately I don't think any of them will work for
me. It's just a generic PS2 keyboard so I don't want an MS driver, and the
second link refers to 'keyboard and mouse' whereas my problem is just the
keyboard.

I've tried another, newer keyboard to see if that helps. If not, I'll
investigate a different keyboard driver or the MS fix (worst case is buy a
new USB keyboard I guess)