rev

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2004

I have an A7N8X Deluxe board that from the very beginning has not appeared
to be ACPI
compliant.

To install Win2K or WinXP I have to bypass the ACPI with F7.

I am at the next to latest Bios.

Does anyone know the secret? I thought ASUS boards were supposed to be
compliant.

Rev

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:41:19 -0600, "Rev"
<revbutchconner_Jesus@Saves_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have an A7N8X Deluxe board that from the very beginning has not appeared
>to be ACPI
>compliant.
>
>To install Win2K or WinXP I have to bypass the ACPI with F7.
>
>I am at the next to latest Bios.
>
>Does anyone know the secret? I thought ASUS boards were supposed to be
>compliant.

In addition to installing the latest released bios, make sure you are
installing the correct Windows chipset driver package for your board.

Rev wrote:
> I have an A7N8X Deluxe board that from the very beginning has not appeared
> to be ACPI
> compliant.
>
> To install Win2K or WinXP I have to bypass the ACPI with F7.
>
> I am at the next to latest Bios.
>
> Does anyone know the secret? I thought ASUS boards were supposed to be
> compliant.
>
> Rev

How do you know/think it's not ACPI compliant?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

rev

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2004

When I try to install the OS, it gets to a point where it tells me it's not
and you can't go on. Only way to install is to go back, boot from the CD
and hit F7 when the drivers start loading.

Rev