sound and video conflicts?

Hi,
I have a Nvidia TNT2 PCI video card, and a Gamesurround
Muse XL audio card also PCI... heres my problem, when
ever I do something that requires work from the video
card.. my sound becomes 'gurggled' and its horrible to
listen to, I was wondering if there is anyway that I can
fix this? Or at least reduce the 'gurggling'.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Reduce 'gurggling" - turn off speakers.

"AndySalez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a Nvidia TNT2 PCI video card, and a Gamesurround
> Muse XL audio card also PCI... heres my problem, when
> ever I do something that requires work from the video
> card.. my sound becomes 'gurggled' and its horrible to
> listen to, I was wondering if there is anyway that I can
> fix this? Or at least reduce the 'gurggling'.

that hardly fixes my problem.. but i get my problem now.
simply need AGP video card.. orr PCIe

Two things. First, you won't be able to use PCI-E unless you have a
motherboard that supports it. Second, you should still be able to run a
PCI Video card and PCI Sound card at the same time. The only way you
would have problems would be on an old computer with a limited PCI Bus.
I would just uninstall the drivers for both and install the latest
drivesrs. See if they were conflicting or out of date ;)

----
Nathan McNulty