im having a problem with something called java vm
my daugher wanted to play her pin ball game she has not
played in a long time it came with my computer, will when
we click on it an error message comes up and says setting
up java interfac please make sure the java vm is set up
on your system

now what is this and how do i check this new at all this
stuff someone please help so my little girl can play her
game thanks

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Go to http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html and get the version you
want.

"khristena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> im having a problem with something called java vm
> my daugher wanted to play her pin ball game she has not
> played in a long time it came with my computer, will when
> we click on it an error message comes up and says setting
> up java interfac please make sure the java vm is set up
> on your system
>
> now what is this and how do i check this new at all this
> stuff someone please help so my little girl can play her
> game thanks

I highly recommend using Sun Java as it is more updated than the MS
version. MS was sued over their use of Java technologies in their
software which they did not request permission to use nor give credit for.

Try here:
http://java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp

----
Nathan McNulty

Jerry wrote:
> Go to http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html and get the version you
> want.
>
> "khristena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>im having a problem with something called java vm
>> my daugher wanted to play her pin ball game she has not
>>played in a long time it came with my computer, will when
>>we click on it an error message comes up and says setting
>>up java interfac please make sure the java vm is set up
>>on your system
>>
>> now what is this and how do i check this new at all this
>>stuff someone please help so my little girl can play her
>>game thanks

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message news:ebk4QHhcEHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I highly recommend using Sun Java as it is more updated than the MS
> version. MS was sued over their use of Java technologies in their
> software which they did not request permission to use nor give credit for.

That's a very simplistic reason to what happened. MS did have the right to use it, and they paid for it, although that resulted from a lawsuit in itself. MS then changed the code, making Sun Java their own, and that would make it proprietary to MS apps like IE, etc. The last two straws were, when it didn't include Java in the release of XP, as they named it MSJVM, and then distributed through their update site without permission or linking it to it being from Sun. That was the main violation and it was outright theft of source code; this by a company that implemented PA because it wants to stop piracy!

Sun java isn't compatible with Yahoo messenger's IM feature. It prevents an
IM user to send message through the IM interface.

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> I highly recommend using Sun Java as it is more updated than the MS
> version. MS was sued over their use of Java technologies in their
> software which they did not request permission to use nor give credit for.
>
> Try here:
> http://java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty