CPU SPEED

I have a ASUS motherboard a2766 with a amd athlon 1200 cpu

Question #1 how do I know what speed the cpu is (its not working yet
so I can't test the speed)

Question #2 I want to have the speed as fast as possiable what cpu
should I buy I want to use this computer as a PVR I was told that a
pvr uses up a lot of the cpu speed and ram memory

peter

I would just like to add to Paul's exellent advice
I use the Hauppage PVR250 PCI card with the Snapstream Software.
I used it on a TBird 1.4 with a 133(266) FSB and 256 DDR2100 Ram and it worked
well.
Now I use it on a XP2500 with a166 (333)FSB and 1gig DDR3200 Ram and it works
fast.....really fast.
I can copy from digital camcorder to HD to DVD via USB 2.0 port at an alarming
rate.
I can copy a 2hour movie from DVD to DVD in about 40 minutes.
I have copied analog using the input on the PVR card and it does take longer
than any of the above.
The Snapstream Beyond TV is easy to use and it records great .
peter