HELP about detecting hardware and paging file

Tags:
  • Hardware
  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 25, 2004 12:37:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

i have a friend. he formatted his computer without knowing the
manufacturer of his video card and sound card. he can't open the cpu
because he's scared that he might broke something. it's a retail
computer, he didn't receive the specifications about his computer. so,
is there any program that will detect his video card and sound card?
because i've triend connecting to the internet, and let windows find it.
nothing was found. what will i do? please reply and also email me at
juankarlo_deguzman@yahoo.com

P.S I think windows 2003 server enterprise is much faster than windows
xp. i have converted it to a workstation but still it's fast! but i have
one problem, about the virtual memory, i choose the initial size of my
paging file is 1000 mb and the max size is 1000 mb, i have 20 gb hard
drive. then i restart my pc. after that i still see 191 allocated. i
think it must be 1000 allocated.

More about : detecting hardware paging file

July 25, 2004 12:37:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Your friend can easily unscrew the side panel from the case and then see the make and model of these cards. If he's too scared to do this, then he can try to download and install, then run Belarc Advisor

www.belarc.com

This will give a full inventory of hardware and software: look under the section titled DISPLAY for the adapter and monitor type and model.

"Juan Karlo de Guzman" wrote:

> i have a friend. he formatted his computer without knowing the
> manufacturer of his video card and sound card. he can't open the cpu
> because he's scared that he might broke something. it's a retail
> computer, he didn't receive the specifications about his computer. so,
> is there any program that will detect his video card and sound card?
> because i've triend connecting to the internet, and let windows find it.
> nothing was found. what will i do? please reply and also email me at
> juankarlo_deguzman@yahoo.com
>
> P.S I think windows 2003 server enterprise is much faster than windows
> xp. i have converted it to a workstation but still it's fast! but i have
> one problem, about the virtual memory, i choose the initial size of my
> paging file is 1000 mb and the max size is 1000 mb, i have 20 gb hard
> drive. then i restart my pc. after that i still see 191 allocated. i
> think it must be 1000 allocated.

Anonymous
July 25, 2004 3:17:48 PM

BAR wrote:

> Your friend can easily unscrew the side panel from the case and then see the make and model of these cards. If he's too scared to do this, then he can try to download and install, then run Belarc Advisor
>
> www.belarc.com
>
> This will give a full inventory of hardware and software: look under the section titled DISPLAY for the adapter and monitor type and model.
>
> "Juan Karlo de Guzman" wrote:
>

>>i have a friend. he formatted his computer without knowing the
>>manufacturer of his video card and sound card. he can't open the cpu
>>because he's scared that he might broke something. it's a retail
>>computer, he didn't receive the specifications about his computer. so,
>>is there any program that will detect his video card and sound card?
>>because i've triend connecting to the internet, and let windows find it.
>>nothing was found. what will i do? please reply and also email me at
>>juankarlo_deguzman@yahoo.com
>>
>>P.S I think windows 2003 server enterprise is much faster than windows
>>xp. i have converted it to a workstation but still it's fast! but i have
>>one problem, about the virtual memory, i choose the initial size of my
>>paging file is 1000 mb and the max size is 1000 mb, i have 20 gb hard
>>drive. then i restart my pc. after that i still see 191 allocated. i
>>think it must be 1000 allocated.

THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO HAVE REPLIED! is windows blackcomb available for
beta download?
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 1:57:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"> THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO HAVE REPLIED! is windows blackcomb available for
> beta download?

no. it isn't even available at all to anyone as it isn't even in developement yet beyond the very earliest stages
!