K8V-X memory problem

Using an ASUS K8V-X with an AMD64 3000+, the memory (DDR400 2x512MB
CAS3) is identified as DDR333 by the bios. If setting the memory bios
parameters manually the memory is detected as DDR400 but the system
occasioanally freezes under windows. Shouldn't the memory work as
DDR400 with this CPU?

xxx73@mailandnews.com wrote:
> Using an ASUS K8V-X with an AMD64 3000+, the memory (DDR400 2x512MB
> CAS3) is identified as DDR333 by the bios. If setting the memory bios
> parameters manually the memory is detected as DDR400 but the system
> occasioanally freezes under windows. Shouldn't the memory work as
> DDR400 with this CPU?

Are you sure they are both DDR 400? I ask as if one was DDR 333, then
both would run as DDR 333. When you go into the BIOS and force it to run
as DDR 400, this could cause your problem as you would be pushing the
333 too much.

Yes you are right, DDR 400 does indeed work with this CPU as both mine
are 512Mb DDR 400, and run without any problems at all.

W1dge

Both modules are identical and DDR400. Any other ideas?

w1dge wrote:
> xxx73@mailandnews.com wrote:
> > Using an ASUS K8V-X with an AMD64 3000+, the memory (DDR400 2x512MB
> > CAS3) is identified as DDR333 by the bios. If setting the memory
bios
> > parameters manually the memory is detected as DDR400 but the system
> > occasioanally freezes under windows. Shouldn't the memory work as
> > DDR400 with this CPU?
> >
> Are you sure they are both DDR 400? I ask as if one was DDR 333, then

> both would run as DDR 333. When you go into the BIOS and force it to
run
> as DDR 400, this could cause your problem as you would be pushing the

> 333 too much.
>
> Yes you are right, DDR 400 does indeed work with this CPU as both
mine
> are 512Mb DDR 400, and run without any problems at all.
>
> W1dge

>Both modules are identical and DDR400. Any other ideas?

One or both modules must be Single Sided to run with 400

Alfred

TRENDING THREADS